Author Topic: Harness racing positives---better hope HISA not issuing penalties  (Read 3071 times)

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: Harness racing positives---better hope HISA not issuing penalties
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2023, 01:20:27 PM »
We said Mr. Bond! That was a"Drop the Mike" post!  11.wp 11.wp 11.wp

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2023, 05:18:41 PM »
What a joke Harness racing penalties are--who the hell is in Charge???

Examples for just recently--We have 2 Oxymorphone positives one Minoxidil positive-- one Lyrica-- 1 betamethasone-guess the result??

1) The oxy's got small fine and a week(This is a Class 1)
2) Minoxidil---just a fine(Erv Miller got 14 days if I remember)
3) Lyrica--lost purse.--This shit-used on cancer patient to control pain.
4) Betamethasone--7days.(Burke--had one before-but swept under rug--probably serve time when racing closed)

If HiSA-was in charge-they accept no excuse ie"mitigating factors" unless its totally bulletproof.
1)-the OXY--would get 10 years and a huge fine
2) Minoxidil--huge fine and lengthy suspension(I heard its used in Gym--body builders use it)
3)Lyrica--huge fine and lengthy suspension( Powerful pain killer)
4)Betamethasone--Baffert lost the Kentucky Derby with this stuff--so severe penalty from HISA.
So in Harness--they just dish out penalties to suit--there is no across the board penalty rulings--all states make up there own.
If you are Big trainer--no problem. Small trainer--throw the book at them-make them scapegoats--whipping boys--that what it looks like to me.
Needs serious overhaul IMHO. Similar fines/time across all states for starters.
HISA just gave out a $500 fine for Betamethasone. What is your point

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2023, 05:38:58 PM »
That’s fine when they test a horse, but what about the times they find syringes and unmarked bottles in the barn?  Are you going to suspend all the horses in the barn?

YES!!!   RACE CLEAN !,,,,

bond

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2023, 05:49:35 PM »
That’s fine when they test a horse, but what about the times they find syringes and unmarked bottles in the barn?  Are you going to suspend all the horses in the barn?
No-of course not--no horse came up positive--so the trainer gets outed and bottles get tested..

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2023, 06:21:13 PM »
Y’all really need a course in reality. If I got a horse that comes up sore after a race I’m going to inject that joint to help him out. Sometimes Betamethasone is used in addition to hyraluanic acid to help them heal. HISA says 14 days but it can sometimes still test for up too 24. Would you rather a horse race lame??

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2023, 07:27:58 PM »
Y’all really need a course in reality. If I got a horse that comes up sore after a race I’m going to inject that joint to help him out. Sometimes Betamethasone is used in addition to hyraluanic acid to help them heal. HISA says 14 days but it can sometimes still test for up too 24. Would you rather a horse race lame??
Why not give the horse time off if it is lame? That sounds like what the large stables do. Train them hard, race hard, & keep injecting.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2023, 07:46:39 PM »
No-of course not--no horse came up positive--so the trainer gets outed and bottles get tested..
Bottles labeled or unlabeled with illegal substances and you want nothing to happen ??  BS.  They were not left there by the feed man. 

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2023, 08:26:34 PM »
Why not give the horse time off if it is lame? That sounds like what the large stables do. Train them hard, race hard, & keep injecting.
What big stables do that?  When my knee goes bad my doctor injects it so I can keep working. NFL players get injected at 1/2 time and yall want to hang a horse trainer because he gets one injected 14 days before a race

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2023, 09:21:48 PM »
I've been dropping an extra twenty in the collection basket at Sunday service to try and get this process moving faster! ngc3

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2023, 10:32:50 PM »
What big stables do that?  When my knee goes bad my doctor injects it so I can keep working. NFL players get injected at 1/2 time and yall want to hang a horse trainer because he gets one injected 14 days before a race
It is all hearsay. Allard & Banca were suppose to be a big injectors, i suspect others with high Vet. bills, & the ones who keep getting positives.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2023, 06:02:30 AM »
The real problem is that a trainer gets caught and they just switch the name to a new trainer and keep going. The horse trainer and the horses he or she trains should be suspended for a period of time and not allowed to race under any circumstances. That way the trainers, and owners both don't get to race. Hopefully that would have an effect on some of the cheating.

I've said this a 1000 times in the past.  No one is punished if the horse keeps racing.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal