Author Topic: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show  (Read 7370 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theokodjak26

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1162
Re: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2023, 05:43:58 PM »
I hated Ed Sullivan who was a pompous a-hole who screwed up more names of guests than any tv host I know. More than Ed I hated that stupid Italian mouse that probably caught rabies kissing Sullivan all the time. That being said I am old enough to recall the shows where  harness people were occasionally mentioned. Too bad Cardigan Bay didn’t poop on Ed’s shoes.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2023, 06:03:47 PM »
 ;D ngc3 ;D

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 700
Re: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2023, 10:17:24 PM »
I hated Ed Sullivan who was a pompous a-hole who screwed up more names of guests than any tv host I know. More than Ed I hated that stupid Italian mouse that probably caught rabies kissing Sullivan all the time. That being said I am old enough to recall the shows where  harness people were occasionally mentioned. Too bad Cardigan Bay didn’t poop on Ed’s shoes.

I would see Ed often in the Cloud Casino.  He gambled quite a bit and was very friendly with a sketchy "trainer/driver" (use that loosely here) by the name of Michael Deutsch.  I recall when I was jogging a horse back at RR, he went zooming by with one that looked sharp as hell.  Next week I was sitting on the rail and saw him again.  Horse had been lame as hell and hadn't raced for quite a while.  2 weeks later he was entered and won with Deutsch driving him for a big price (and the pools were huge back then.)  Last time I ever saw that horse, Grand Flyer.  Maybe Fug remembers Deutsch??

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2023, 11:02:03 PM »
I would see Ed often in the Cloud Casino.  He gambled quite a bit and was very friendly with a sketchy "trainer/driver" (use that loosely here) by the name of Michael Deutsch.  I recall when I was jogging a horse back at RR, he went zooming by with one that looked sharp as hell.  Next week I was sitting on the rail and saw him again.  Horse had been lame as hell and hadn't raced for quite a while.  2 weeks later he was entered and won with Deutsch driving him for a big price (and the pools were huge back then.)  Last time I ever saw that horse, Grand Flyer.  Maybe Fug remembers Deutsch??
I do, but only in name. Hard to honestly say I have vivid memories of him, but definitely know the name. Dark blue colors??

winky

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 63
Re: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2023, 11:43:41 PM »
Ed Sullivan used to own  a horse named Twinkle Hanover N.

Ed Sullivan gave many musical groups and comedians

alot of exposure.

Certainly a pioneer.

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 700
Re: First standardbred to make $1 Million appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2023, 01:12:14 AM »
Ed Sullivan used to own  a horse named Twinkle Hanover N.

Ed Sullivan gave many musical groups and comedians

alot of exposure.

Certainly a pioneer.

Wow, that goes back to the early 70's. 

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Yeh wiggles you'll show up there like Calhoun does anywhere promised  ngc3 G a little variety in my horrible posts, lots of material, no need to spam the board  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    Today at 10:20:07 AM
  • wiggles44: I’ll be posting to your Facebook group soon.  :)
    Today at 10:18:49 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM  Mike/Sweet you criticize racism? You really should be ashamed of yourself
    Today at 10:16:19 AM
  • Trigger: wiggles Go fetch me a bunch of the worst most horrible shit I said, a comilation, hurry up I wanna see it  ngc3
    Today at 10:14:14 AM
  • wiggles44: Take a break Mike
    Today at 10:12:47 AM
  • Trigger: Wiggles creenshots are great...I'm like I said that horrible shit 2 weeks ago, didn't recall, well there's the proof  ngc3 Thanks wiggles44  ;D
    Today at 10:08:58 AM
  • G: Wiggles you're very sharp
    Today at 10:07:14 AM
  • G: No shit Andrew
    Today at 10:07:03 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal