Author Topic: Ray MacLean Jr. lost  (Read 5542 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Frank the Zipper

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 802
  • Shoot 'em up
Ray MacLean Jr. lost
« on: July 10, 2024, 01:39:57 PM »
......his battle with drug addiction........ ..a wasted talent.

Mazola

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1372
Re: Ray MacLean Jr. lost
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 03:12:12 PM »
Sad. Sorry to hear. My condolences to friends and family.
Right wing Christians are frauds

HarnessFan1981

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 370

Gasman401

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 44
Re: Ray MacLean Jr. lost
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 08:34:11 AM »
i would always stop in at the farm to see ray jr and dorothy on my to sauble beach every summer wonderful people . ray was  a generational talent john campbell 2.0 who suffered from generational trauma which was not his fault but he refused help and that was his choice . RIP my friend

Frank the Zipper

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 802
  • Shoot 'em up
Re: Ray MacLean Jr. lost
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 04:36:03 PM »
It was often said that the 2nd best driver in Ontario was Ray MacLean Sr. when he was sober, and the best driver was Ray when he was drinking. All that said......the MacLeans, Hugh, Ray, Ray Jr & Dorothy were great people and neighbors.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 04:38:28 PM by Frank the Zipper »

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2809
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Ray MacLean Jr. lost
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2024, 08:54:11 PM »
Sorry to hear this. Another tragic loss to addiction. Talented guy. Couldn't beat the demons. I didn't know him well, but spoke with him numerous times over the years whenever I saw him. I'll never forget, he called me once about 20 years or so ago to tell me about a green horse he drove that he thought was really a nice horse and I should look to see if he was for sale. The colt showed some ability, won his first two starts, and was just starting out, maybe in the Grassroots or something. The horse was Stonebridge Galaxy. He ended earning about $800,000.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: I'm booked...Howard Stern paying me an appearance fee  ngc3 But he can't have the Misfits, nope they're ours, you too Kirby we own plop Misfits rights to you  ngc3
    Today at 07:49:42 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I can believe the head up the ass part..But GMA..Nope!  ngc3
    Today at 07:01:55 PM
  • Trigger: I'll be on Good Morning America tomorrow thanks to the MISFITS...I'm Mike and I have my head up his ass, meaning my own ass, quite a feat  ngc3
    Today at 06:56:01 PM
  • Trigger: I rest my case JT, the worm is a Misfit  tmbz1
    Today at 06:45:38 PM
  • JT: ngc3
    Today at 06:43:30 PM
  • Trigger: What if he's still clean Kenny, then what, absolute guilt  ngc3
    Today at 06:38:38 PM
  • Trigger: Kenny makes a poing Dr. ian Moore, pull down your pants and cough Kenny is going to start your "Clean" medical trial  ngc3  11.bz
    Today at 06:31:29 PM
  • Trigger: Can you prove he is clean? - Kenny  ngc3
    Today at 06:21:52 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal