Author Topic: Wayne Lucas  (Read 12801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2025, 08:59:42 PM »
I sure hope you all feel this way when Burke retires.... ngc3

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57856
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2025, 09:36:41 PM »
Thanks to seen2much for answering.

Winning colors only filly to win. The derby

I forget other three.  I believe
gulch  and

Carasmatic anorher derby winner
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2994
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2025, 10:26:06 PM »
I sure hope you all feel this way when Burke retires.... ngc3
Does anyone know the list of top assistant trainers that worked for Burke?

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7642
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2025, 10:42:13 PM »
Does anyone know the list of top assistant trainers that worked for Burke?

Isn't it like the mafia? Once you're in you can't get out???

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2994
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2025, 10:50:12 PM »
Isn't it like the mafia? Once you're in you can't get out???
ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
I think many would want to go out on their own & earn big dollars.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2025, 11:09:27 PM »
I remember when he was in his prime in the late 80's early 90's. It seemed he had a live horse entered in most of the big races.

Harnessfan902

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 445
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2025, 09:47:24 AM »
#respect.   One of the greatest.   Enjoy your family
sir!

Junebug990

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 24
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2025, 09:59:06 AM »
Genuine Risk Won the Kentucky Derby 1980. Leroy Jolley trained that filly.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2025, 10:29:06 AM »
Regret won the Kentucky Derby in 1915 as a filly

Lukas won the Derby in 1995 with Thunder Gulch and in 1996 with Grindstone and Charismatic in 1999

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2025, 12:14:09 PM »
A gazillion and a half years ago Lukas as a kid raced his pony at the Antigo (his hometown) WI. county fair.
Only a gazillion years ago I raced my Standardbred horses on that same county fair track.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2607
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2025, 12:53:23 PM »
My prayers go out to a great trainer. I respected his ability to train horses and know racing fans will miss him at the track.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12684
Re: Wayne Lucas
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2025, 01:29:13 PM »
He's listed on horses today and tomorrow at Churchill Downs.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: And wiggles 44th, if you're going to use my "Geez" , please remit a $2 bet into my horse betting account. LOL!
    Today at 11:52:26 AM
  • dougie: Let me know. Do I get a tax break with this? LOL!
    Today at 11:40:57 AM
  • wiggles44: Search for yourself.  :)
    Today at 11:39:49 AM
  • dougie: Who am I now.....Mike? Did I make the team?
    Today at 11:36:48 AM
  • wiggles44: You’re not the only one that says Geez a lot “dougie”…..
    Today at 11:34:14 AM
  • dougie: Oh.....now I know the story. LOL! Geez.....
    Today at 11:14:57 AM
  • Lockedin with Pace: dougie---You have to respond to him twice before you become Mike.
    Today at 11:13:54 AM
  • dougie: He hasn't named me as Mike yet. I'm kind of insulted. I'm not good enough?
    Today at 11:12:54 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal