Author Topic: John Manzi  (Read 12528 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2023, 10:47:58 PM »
Who told you that Baloney

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5061
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2023, 10:57:41 PM »
Who told you that Baloney

Okay, don't believe it. No sweat off of my ass. BTW you polluted this very positive thread with Jim Marohns name.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2612
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2023, 11:47:47 PM »
This thread was going along so nicely with great conversation about John Manzi. People just like to ruin things.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2023, 11:52:49 PM »
Stating facts. Naggers all over monticello now..even forte knows its shithole
This was the first comment that "ruined" the thread, not mine. Look at the things I said about John, Only positive praise.

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5061
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2023, 10:52:42 AM »
This thread was going along so nicely with great conversation about John Manzi. People just like to ruin things.

I agree. I should have left the Jimmy Marohn comment for another time.

Like NO other executive, personality, whatever you want to call it was to any track in the country, John and Monti were synonymous. I say that in the most endearing terms. JM in the PM was not to be missed if you were a doo wop fan. I was barely in range of WVOS ( voice of Sullivan County) yet I would make sure I tuned in.

I am sure he recalls the Beasely Reece race. I was a friend of Tom Parcase who drove the loser. If I dug into my closet I am sure I could find some winners circle pics with me and JM in the pics. Most were with another JM, Joe Minieri, who was another great guy and is sorely missed.

Regards

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2612
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2023, 11:28:33 AM »
John's promotions at the "Mighty M' were legendary. He just seemed to be a "natural" at the PR business. He followed two very interesting PR guys. Allen Finkelson, who was lured to the sunshine and warm weather at Pompano Park, and the wild and crazy Andy "Satch" Furman, who was sacked after a questionable promotion involving the KKK. I knew all three well, but it was John who i stayed close with all these years.

old guy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1217
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2023, 11:36:12 AM »
I miss the Bop Shop

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2023, 03:01:48 PM »
I will repeat - great promoter, genuine and warm guy, DEVOTED husband. Irreplacable. Too bad he was never GM at the Mighty M

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2612
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2023, 03:19:17 PM »
Fuguzzi, i agree with you 100%!

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2023, 04:14:16 PM »
Jimmy was caught cashing tickets at Middletown OTB showing he was betting against himself. Banished from Monti after that.
I never heard that story. I was in that Middletown OTB quite often and never saw him there, I did however see Warren Schnittker there numerous times.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2023, 04:17:13 PM »
I agree. I should have left the Jimmy Marohn comment for another time.

Like NO other executive, personality, whatever you want to call it was to any track in the country, John and Monti were synonymous. I say that in the most endearing terms. JM in the PM was not to be missed if you were a doo wop fan. I was barely in range of WVOS ( voice of Sullivan County) yet I would make sure I tuned in.

I am sure he recalls the Beasely Reece race. I was a friend of Tom Parcase who drove the loser. If I dug into my closet I am sure I could find some winners circle pics with me and JM in the pics. Most were with another JM, Joe Minieri, who was another great guy and is sorely missed.

Regards
I remember the late Joe Minieri, I saw him several times with a tall blonde, who was she?

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: John Manzi
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2023, 04:35:41 PM »
Jill Biden - serial cheater

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Homie107!: Yonkers
    October 01, 2026, 09:19:32 PM
  • Trigger: PS: if anyone else will be at Yonkers tomorrow night, PM me.  We can meet up. -G post tonight  ngc3
    October 01, 2026, 08:53:19 PM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day of screenshots tomorrow.  :)
    October 01, 2026, 07:53:36 PM
  • Trigger: Wiggles take your next smoling gun and stick it up your ass and keep firing until shit cums out of your skull, brain too, same thing in your case  ngc3
    October 01, 2026, 07:36:18 PM
  • wiggles44: Locked in - just searching up “lapdog”.  Getting some interesting responses.  :)
    October 01, 2026, 07:34:24 PM
  • Trigger: I'm through with Belmont  ngc3
    October 01, 2026, 07:11:07 PM
  • Lockedin with Pace: Working on another 12 hour day wiggles
    October 01, 2026, 06:40:23 PM
  • wiggles44: Mike is having a meltdown.  :)
    October 01, 2026, 06:32:59 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal