Author Topic: Dexter Dunn may be contacted by PETA after 10th at The Red Mile  (Read 3815 times)

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
Re: Dexter Dunn may be contacted by PETA after 10th at The Red Mile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2023, 10:36:35 AM »
Give it a fucking rest. You are enthralled with Todd Mcarthy and that isn't an obsession?
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 11:00:30 AM »
Bit late to be calling Todd McCarthy an up and comer. 

That time was 2 years ago.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2023, 11:09:27 AM »
Give it a fucking rest. You are enthralled with Todd Mcarthy and that isn't an obsession?

HEY WINKSTER

MCARTHY IS NOT BTTER THAN  DEXTER..

JUST FACTS
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

winky

• 4 claimer
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2023, 11:10:49 AM »
And dont get me wrong...

I think Dex Dunn one of the best currently  in US..

US   Top ...  not necessarily in order

Dex Dunn
Brian Sears/ David Miller
Tetrick/Gingras
Mcarthies

Canada

Jody Jamieson
McNair
Sylvain Filion
Roy

again mix and match the order as to taste..

Just saying Dunn ...crazy drive...and everyone entitled to

a screw up...

Just the other day ..got up early and brushed with wrong toothpaste..

I thought it tasted a bit odd..

when I was done I saw marked on the tube.....

"Preparation H"

I guess that was worse than a 53:2 1/2 and a 1:20 flat 3/4?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2023, 03:24:15 PM »
Bit late to be calling Todd McCarthy an up and comer. 

That time was 2 years ago.
Kinda true - just saying I see bigger things and more opportunities for Todd. Very good trotter driver too.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2023, 03:29:22 PM »
No, I just like what I see from him and my perspective differs from yours.

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2023, 04:52:39 PM »
You know alot more then me about the business, but you really honestly believe a,driver matters?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2023, 05:12:44 PM »
You know alot more then me about the business, but you really honestly believe a,driver matters?
Absolutely. Maybe not on a horse like Confederate or SBSW. But there are a few guys that have an uncanny ability to get a little extra out of a horse and can adapt their strategy in a split second based on every other driver is doing. No one but Ron Pierce would have ever beat SBSW. Ron’s moves were perfectly timed and he had the balls too make them

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2023, 06:58:05 PM »
winky, you seem to be missing james macdonald from the Canadian list
as for the others, i respect jody but most nights he is god awful and a non factor but when money on the line or its his dads horse it go time
filion consistent
roy improving this year, has talent
mcnair, is good but should likely be better

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 07:43:05 PM »
For my money in canada:

Mcdonald (guess which one  ngc3)
Fillion - notice last night. Always shows up on grassroots and gold finals. Getting old but still very good.
McNair

Roy, i find to put it nice,  a little quirky. Seems to have some some odd drives and a lot of trotters break.  Wasnt he allards find?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 08:16:57 PM »
Roy is from a racing family in Quebec. He went to college and got a job. Started messing around with horses on weekends caught the bug. Started to dominate in Quebec then went to PEI Old Home Week win a ton of races there. Moreau noticed ask him if he wanted to try Ontario. He did and the rest is history.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2023, 08:27:44 PM »
I really dont get the whole Dexter Dunn fascination. Now let me clarify one thing. I was away mentally and physically from the sport during the whole Covid fucking disaster, so i must admit, other than watching Bulldog replays, this is the first full year, i have seen DD drive consistently ( maybe not a fair sampling. I know he made a big splash upon arrival, after some dubious circumstances at home). From what i have seen and I do respect his earnings, he sits a bike well, has "speed" in his hands but i am not seeing anything special or extraordinary. maybe it's me. He has, this year anyway, won very few significant races, has made many mistakes in significant races, is really nor very good on a small track, mistimed his move with Seven Colors in the Jug and has had some dreadful days on important days. He and Yannick are the worst 2 "overdrivers" among the top 10, IMHO. And as you know, I often defend Yannick, mostly because he is a supreme earner. As a trainer who relied on catch drivers, I assess with complete objectivity Dexter is a solid driver who can earn with a top horse, but as a horseman, I personally would not let him near a top colt of mine. The big upside driver i see next 5 years is Todd McCarthy.

I tend to disagree with this. I lost a lot of respect for Yannick over the past couple seasons; he can be pretty rough on a horse. Also the drive he put on the 2yo of Burkes that dropped dead at the Meadowlands this summer was a rather poor display of horsemanship IMO. DD at least seems to actually like horses.

I know drivers routinely catch flak on here for not driving hard on horses but I'd rather see someone like DD - who I have never seen be rough on a horse - than Yannick up on one of mine. And would place several others above him too.

Disclaimer - did not see the race in question (Ants Marching), but seems very atypical from what I'd expect from DD.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2023, 09:28:15 PM »
I tend to disagree with this. I lost a lot of respect for Yannick over the past couple seasons; he can be pretty rough on a horse. Also the drive he put on the 2yo of Burkes that dropped dead at the Meadowlands this summer was a rather poor display of horsemanship IMO. DD at least seems to actually like horses.

I know drivers routinely catch flak on here for not driving hard on horses but I'd rather see someone like DD - who I have never seen be rough on a horse - than Yannick up on one of mine. And would place several others above him too.

Disclaimer - did not see the race in question (Ants Marching), but seems very atypical from what I'd expect from DD.
[/quote
I gotta agree here I would rather have Dex that Yakyak any day

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2023, 09:35:35 PM »

I  endorse this response! tmbz1

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2023, 10:56:02 PM »
Not quite sure what all my friends are disagreeing with ? I do defend Yannick based on hie earning ability, but I clearly say he overdrives his horses. I am not a big fan of his "style" . To me there are 3 drivers Tetrick, Dave Miller and Scotty. Then there is everyone else. Sears has dropped a tick and Brennan seems to be ending his career at YR. Dave Miller in some ways is our new John Campbell., if you get my drift....

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal