Author Topic: Where does the money go the feds are taking off the indicted /imprisoned  (Read 858 times)

bond

• Elite
Fishman, Surick ,Oakes, Grasso, Allard etc--have to forfeit property/bank accounts etc.

They made their money by stealing from the Harness Industry/the Gamblers.

Someone told me the Feds gets it all.

How is this fair?/ Shouldn't've the money go back to The  Harness Industry and the Gamblers that provided funds?

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: Where does the money go the feds are taking off the indicted /imprisoned
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 10:23:51 PM »
Good question. I lost many races to Allard and Surick. Should I be expecting a check?

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2023, 08:44:11 AM »
Does the money and drugs seized from cartels go back to Mexico when those individuals get incarcerated. No of course not. That money sits in a fund in which agency did the work. Drugs like marijuana usually get burned while the money gets used to buy vehicles, computers, equipment saving tax payers. Why give ir back to an industry that obviously can't police itself. If anything give the money to operations that save retired horses. Their the ones abused, drugged, and killed.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2023, 10:02:30 AM »
I read somewhere that part of the money would be paid out to the owners that were effected by their actions. Problem is there was a no way they will collect anywhere near the amount of restitution awarded. And it will be like a class action suit. I’ll probably get a check for $2.48 at some point

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2023, 10:56:09 AM »
I dont know Bond. Might be their betting it. They like to place huge show pool bets on 1/9 horses i hear.  ngc3

Obviously just joking. But it would explain the Stooge Mafia show pool bets that are suddenly in chic and a topic of interest on horseplop.

I would guess this $ goes to the same place all recovered illicit funds go when not obviously earmarked as returnable to those disadvantaged by the crime. These i believe the law typically uses to offset their costs. I think thats where money goes when its recovered from drug dealers etc. Meaning the law use it as a slush fund to by the latest toys and gizmos used in law enforcement.

You do have a point however. Would be quite a headache to try to figure out where the $ should go. And gvt doesnt take on headaches unless the public or courts force them too.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    Today at 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    Today at 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    Today at 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal