Author Topic: Brevin Lupton  (Read 6518 times)

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: Brevin Lupton
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2023, 01:29:46 PM »
If the guys holding the 3rd lines had any idea of what they doing, they would have been equal with his head or a little bit in front of him. When he went up in the air they should have pulled down and forward. Instead of being behind him. The horse didn't collapse he threw himself down. If you have experience people on the third line I doubt this would have happened. Kicking the horse was an asshole move. But PETA is blowing out of proportion. The kicker shouldn't be around babies .

One last thing the horses are better behaved now then before.When I was a kid (40 years ago)the things the did to horses in Florida would definitely qualify as animal abuse.
You are dead nuts on point about the way that the 3rd lines should be used!

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2023, 02:45:55 PM »
The kid kicked the horse 1 time then backed fight out of the way. If that was BB in the cart I’m going to guess he said something to him to get him to immediately back away

This was my take as well. The kicker should be nowhere near a horse, let alone babies, but what BB did doesn't even hit my radar as inappropriate behavior and I am probably over-the-top about what constitutes bad/abusive horsemanship.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2023, 03:02:45 PM »
Well from the above responses it appears many of us are in agreement about what went on, culpability and intent concerning this whole fandango. When Remington agrees with me, you know I must be right. Just Kidding!
 Only reasons I even chimed in on here was because someone suggested the guy deserve to have the shit beat out of them, that sorta stuff and Petrelli released a 12 minute video where he acts as if these guys were Nazi storm troopers, especially Brown who he said should be in fear now and he basically excuses the 24 year old as being green,

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2023, 04:52:27 PM »
For those defending BB I have 1 question....did BB fire Lupton or even push him away after what happened... the answer is no. As I stated elsewhere it was a lady on her phone that taped the incident, not the guy on the tractor.

PineHurstPacer

• Top Claimer
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2023, 06:05:24 PM »
I do not believe Brevin was told to do this. I know he is a hot head and acted on his own. I also know trainers carry a whip for a reason and this is one reason. The trainer did the right thing by TAPPING the horse to get up. Yes, Brevin should be suspended, but Brian did nothing wrong.

keep trying

Brian is going down if that's him in the bike

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2023, 06:45:48 PM »
For those defending BB I have 1 question....did BB fire Lupton or even push him away after what happened... the answer is no. As I stated elsewhere it was a lady on her phone that taped the incident, not the guy on the tractor.

A good question and I thought someone did post they were fired but maybe not.

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2023, 07:06:31 PM »
Fuguzzi, well said I agree with your assessment of this incident.

I can't help but wonder though, why Lupton thought that was the appropriate way to deal with the situation, kicking the yearling?!
And in front of his boss to boot. Has he be taught, that that's what should be done? As listed trainer of record though, BB should have some culpability.

I also wonder, did BB fire Lupton on his own, or ?

SB- Great eye spotting the tags, I completely missed that

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2023, 07:23:33 PM »

I can't help but wonder though, why Lupton thought that was the appropriate way to deal with the situation, kicking the yearling?!
And in front of his boss to boot. Has he be taught, that that's what should be done? As listed trainer of record though, BB should have some culpability.

Kid 👦 ver reacts and BB obviously told him to back off. Kid should be fined but not have his life ruined I’ve done worse to people and didn’t go to jail

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2023, 08:00:27 PM »

Ty. I wish I had the answers to some of your questions. Definitely has a certain culpability as trainer of record. Like someone else said no need to ruin lives here.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2023, 08:01:23 PM »

Kid 👦 ver reacts and BB obviously told him to back off. Kid should be fined but not have his life ruined I’ve done worse to people and didn’t go to jail
Very fair and rational response from you Stan.

She Dont Know

• 4 claimer
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2023, 09:21:38 PM »
Groom Lipton fired. From a family of hot headed hillbillies. Saw hid Dad in several fights at Lebanon. If you think Brian Brown told him to kick the horse in the head you are dead wrong. Looks like Brian got off the cart and told him to get the hell out of the way.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2023, 09:57:26 PM »
if this happenend 25 years ago, this act of abuse would not be an issue. The world is different now and you morons can spin it anyway you like but kicking and whipping a horse laying on the ground is abuse and I can promise you all involved are in a heap of trouble.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2023, 10:18:29 PM »
Ya know what really used to piss me off. When some moody, half in the bag Blacksmith would elbow a horse in the ribs cause they pulled a leg back or something. That's why mine never went to the shop alone. I am sure you were the same way, Mike.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2023, 10:24:52 PM »
Ya know what really used to piss me off. When some moody, half in the bag Blacksmith would elbow a horse in the ribs cause they pulled a leg back or something. That's why mine never went to the shop alone. I am sure you were the same way, Mike.
Absolutely! I treated my horses like they were my children. You fuck with them, I'm going to fuck with you.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2023, 12:20:58 PM »
These things are nothing like they used to be. A lot of bad bred horses, some took a long time to break, how any jog carts got broken. I had an Bye Bye Byrd 2yr old who I raced with a telescope bridle with tape on the bottom a  kicking strap, tail tied straight back, lift the bike up and tie it. Sit on his tail, if ya didn't have him tied in tight he would try to jump anything and kick like a mule. That's not the first yearling that's been kicked in the head, beat with a whip. Not saying it's right but it's been done before. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal