Author Topic: Inquiring minds want to know  (Read 4743 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Re: Inquiring minds want to know
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 11:03:19 AM »
He is NOT wearing an open bridle in the Jug final, professor. Go look.
That was a switch between the elim and final.  That race and Lexington are the two starts this yr he wore a closed bridle.  I bet the closed bridle goes BYE BYE from now on.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 11:38:36 AM »
May well be. i know you are usually on top of things. I think in the last race he is wearing on oversized blind with a window in it. Thought I caught a glimpse of that as he swung off cover.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2023, 11:53:02 AM »
What other HOF were broke and starving early in their career?

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2023, 08:35:01 PM »
So Kooter what is your point? I haven’t read anything new here that hasn’t been said hundreds of times. That being said congrats making it to 78 years old and for getting out of our business before it became what it is today.

Thanks for realizing my point. I think it just makes me incredibly angry to realize a sport I truly enjoyed and loved, was really only a step above Jai Alai, a sport that could in reality could be past-posted. Just another rant from a frustrated horseman heading to the end of the line. I guess I spent way too much time in the backstretch.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2023, 08:37:44 PM »
Trying to figure out what prompted Kooters rant. LOL. I was simply asking if anyone knew if IMS was sick.

Sorry Fug. My rant was just something just came out and had nothing to do with your post or posts which I really enjoy!    tmbz1

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2023, 08:47:48 PM »
HF won 15,000 races and ripped thousands more! The greatest ever. By the way, JC was never broke and starving early in his career like other HOF that I won't mention.

You are right about races won and could have won more. great point, however, where is he now?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2023, 08:59:27 PM »
Sorry Fug. My rant was just something just came out and had nothing to do with your post or posts which I really enjoy!    tmbz1
No apologies needed, my friend. I thought maybe the site switched 2 threads. LOLOL.. Like your stuff too, especially Frankie Pop.  Hey do you remember, Popping Through?

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2023, 09:01:51 PM »
  My post was not about splitting hairs about the handle at various tracks. It was along the lines of being offered $500.-$1,000 to stay out. If that never happened to you, then you either didn't have very good stock, or that was before your time, or you are just another Plop bull-shiter trying to impress. Of all the things I said, probably the least important was the one about handles at Liberty Bell or Brandywine.  Mike, I thought you were above that.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2023, 09:05:37 PM »
No apologies needed, my friend. I thought maybe the site switched 2 threads. LOLOL.. Like your stuff too, especially Frankie Pop.  Hey do you remember, Popping Through?

Frank was not much or a trainer, and I don't know Popping Through. Frank was more a catch driver, Billy was more of a trainer as I remember

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2023, 09:09:34 PM »
Frank was not much or a trainer, and I don't know Popping Through. Frank was more a catch driver, Billy was more of a trainer as I remember
I am a bit confused. Didn't you tell me in previous posts you had horses with Frank. we talked about his skill at setting up his horses and how well he did for years gambling his own money with his own bar? I am sure it was you. Sorry if I am wrong

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2023, 10:00:29 PM »
  My post was not about splitting hairs about the handle at various tracks. It was along the lines of being offered $500.-$1,000 to stay out. If that never happened to you, then you either didn't have very good stock, or that was before your time, or you are just another Plop bull-shiter trying to impress. Of all the things I said, probably the least important was the one about handles at Liberty Bell or Brandywine.  Mike, I thought you were above that.
Actually, you may be right about Sportsmans Park. I think they did more business than Liberty Bell.

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2023, 10:23:43 PM »
I'd still like to get the scoop on IMS.
A couple of the pics from the jug , IMS looks ribby, gut troubles most likely
Should get the gogurt from Cassie

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2023, 10:25:49 PM »
Actually, you may be right about Sportsmans Park. I think they did more business than Liberty Bell.

Actually, Mike, there was also Maywood and Aurora. Aurora was nothing more than a Bull Ring and I don't think Maywood is relevant. They are both gone, I think. I sent a few to Bob Farrington at Sportsman, however, Chicago was untenable in the winter so most went to Hollywood Park to try to beat Jigglin' Jesus. A beautiful Track which is now also gone for different reasons. Sometimes I would send a few from Hollywood up to Bay Meadows for a month or too with John Salvi, who is also gone.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2023, 10:37:30 PM »
Actually, Mike, there was also Maywood and Aurora. Aurora was nothing more than a Bull Ring and I don't think Maywood is relevant. They are both gone, I think. I sent a few to Bob Farrington at Sportsman, however, Chicago was untenable in the winter so most went to Hollywood Park to try to beat Jigglin' Jesus. A beautiful Track which is now also gone for different reasons. Sometimes I would send a few from Hollywood up to Bay Meadows for a month or too with John Salvi, who is also gone.
O'brien was amazing. Did you know his stepson Stan?

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2023, 11:20:52 PM »

Popping Thru by Lehigh Hanover was a nice  useful horse

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal