Author Topic: breaking yearlings  (Read 4726 times)

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
Re: breaking yearlings
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2023, 04:40:13 PM »
I think I recall in an interview where Jack Darling said he sends his yearlings to the Amish to break and brings them back in December.
If you're very quiet, you can hear Haughton, Dancer, Beissinger, and Ervin all rolling over in their graves if people are actually doing that. The amish are horse abusers that hide behind religion to not be thrown in jail.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2023, 04:41:05 PM »
The tow way is a walking/jogging path that runs along the Delaware River in New Hope,Pa. He would trailer them to a parking area and work off the trailer from there. The first time he got arrested the poor horses had to stand on the trailer there for 8 hours before he got bailed out. After that he started jogging them on the road. It is a very winding road with lots of blind spots

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2023, 05:26:30 PM »
If you're very quiet, you can hear Haughton, Dancer, Beissinger, and Ervin all rolling over in their graves if people are actually doing that. The amish are horse abusers that hide behind religion to not be thrown in jail.

While I have the pasture ornaments to prove the Amish aren't always kind to their horses in work, don't mistake that they can't break one. There are plenty of very good Amish Horsemen. I don't agree with the way a lot of them end up, a but I would certainly let a trusted one break a horse. Just be careful painting with too broad a brush.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2023, 05:31:58 PM »
While I have the pasture ornaments to prove the Amish aren't always kind to their horses in work, don't mistake that they can't break one. There are plenty of very good Amish Horsemen. I don't agree with the way a lot of them end up, a but I would certainly let a trusted one break a horse. Just be careful painting with too broad a brush.
My opinion won't change. They abuse animals but you are welcome to believe otherwise.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2023, 05:33:41 PM »
My opinion won't change. They abuse animals but you are welcome to believe otherwise.

Oh I am WELL aware they do, but not all of them. Just like Hiteman et al do but not everyone in racing does. That's all I'm saying.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2023, 05:41:40 PM »
Oh I am WELL aware they do, but not all of them. Just like Hiteman et al do but not everyone in racing does. That's all I'm saying.
I understand your point but unlike Hiteman and others who have been for lack of a better term convicted of abuse, many have tried and failed to have Amish arrested because they are protected by their religious beliefs and trust me, they abuse horses worse than Dale Hiteman ever did.

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2023, 05:44:44 PM »
I understand your point but unlike Hiteman and others who have been for lack of a better term convicted of abuse, many have tried and failed to have Amish arrested because they are protected by their religious beliefs and trust me, they abuse horses worse than Dale Hiteman ever did.

100% agree with you there. You do the crime, you do the time. It's BS that there's no repercussions.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2023, 05:52:04 PM »
100% agree with you there. You do the crime, you do the time. It's BS that there's no repercussions.
The United State Government runs from confrontation from religious groups. It's a can of worms they don't want to open.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2023, 06:45:42 PM »
I knew Jimmy Groff on White Star Rd in Strasburg Pa.  Amish   He raced an Open Mare at the BigM and she did very well   Have been to his place many years ago   never knew him to abuse one    The mare was named Brynn M and Jimmy drove her    Of course this doesnt prove anything about the Amish as horseman just defending Jimmy

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    Today at 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal