Author Topic: CON-federate vs. Bythemissal TVG pace November 25th!  (Read 16154 times)

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
Re: CON-federate vs. Bythemissal TVG pace November 25th!
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2023, 12:19:57 PM »
HEFTY HANDLE: All-source wagering on the 14-race program totaled $3,691,553, the most at The Big M since Hambletonian Day, when $7.8 million was pushed through the windows.

On the corresponding card from a year ago, the handle was $3,398,962, so betting was up 8.6 percent over that program.

“Even with a pair of short [five-horse] fields, we managed to have a great night at the windows,” said track chief operating officer and general manager Jason Settlemoir. “All of us at the Meadowlands appreciate the support we get from our fan base, as well as our horsemen, who always put on a great show.”

Wagering has now gone past the $3-million mark 54 times during 2023 from 78 programs.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2023, 12:54:25 PM »
SBSW won the Battle of Waterloo,  (elims and final), the Confederation Cup (elim and final)  and that race at Yonkers in the rain all on a 1/2 mile.

I know that Lance, but somehow there is a narrative that knocks his greatness because he skipped the Jug.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2023, 12:56:21 PM »
Something definitely was off with Confederate last night. I know y’all think horses never get sick but …

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2023, 01:18:01 PM »
he didnt look comfortable right from the beginning. Also how much did Ronnie pay Dave to pull that nonsense pushing Confederate 5 wide with his rat

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2023, 01:41:21 PM »
Ooh he won a pace elimination  than had his lunch handed to him by The Panderosa who won the 2 top races that year

The Triple Croqn in harness racing has been outdated for 30 years. The top 2 races are the North America Cup and Meadowlands Pace. if you want to use the Jug as part of the TC fine so there you go but the idea of winning 3 races on half mile tracks as some level of greatness  while comparing to modern day racing where the Meadowlands and Mohawk are the standards is silly

Confederate didnt race in the half mile because there is no reason to. Same reason why Beach and Treacherous  didnt. They all proved themselves  everywhere else

Ask Its My Show and Seven Colors who turned into vegatables after the Jug
Once again, you are fucking moron. SBSW won the Messenger at Yonkers in a rain storm in 1:52. He would have gone sub 1:50 if the weather had cooperated. You need to quit posting. You're an embarrassment to the human race.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2023, 01:43:56 PM »
valid point laag
easy solution
one entry per trainer  in major stakes/finals
should have always been that way

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2023, 01:46:34 PM »
Something definitely was off with Confederate last night. I know y’all think horses never get sick but …

I agree with this. I am not sure he paces away from them in any case, but I can't believe he was 100%. Looked like he was spinning his wheels a bit the entire time.

The only other explanation is he is gutless. I would again find that hard to believe based on the year he's had, but he's also been bravened up all year and it does sometimes take a horse not getting by another handily (which again he has done all year) to expose a lack of intestinal fortitude, if you will. I don't consider this year's 3yo CP the strongest division we've ever seen. I guess we will never know since whether he was sick or not, that will be the excuse (or maybe he will be "injured" to get out of the Gural rule?) and regardless he'll never set foot on the track again.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2023, 01:53:50 PM »
Ooh he won a pace elimination  than had his lunch handed to him by The Panderosa who won the 2 top races that year

The Triple Croqn in harness racing has been outdated for 30 years. The top 2 races are the North America Cup and Meadowlands Pace. if you want to use the Jug as part of the TC fine so there you go but the idea of winning 3 races on half mile tracks as some level of greatness  while comparing to modern day racing where the Meadowlands and Mohawk are the standards is silly

Confederate didnt race in the half mile because there is no reason to. Same reason why Beach and Treacherous  didnt. They all proved themselves  everywhere else

Ask Its My Show and Seven Colors who turned into vegatables after the Jug
Apparently you didn't watch the race or see the interviews after. Blissful Hall was locked in for his life and was running over horses at the wire. Even Campbell said that if Blissful Hall got out, The Panderosa would have been beaten.
Read and learn something fuck face.

https://hru.tempurl.host/2018/04/22/hall-of-fame-inductee-blissfull-hall-is-a-complete-specimen/

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2023, 01:54:54 PM »
HORSE WAS NOT SICK
HE RACED AGAINST THE BEST OLDER HORSES IN  NORTH AMERICA

MISSLE GOT AWAY WITH AN EASY HALF  ONLY HORSE THAT WAS BEATING HIM WAS A PERFECT TRIPPED OUT HORSE..
 WHICH IS WHAT HAPPENED .

BOWDEN SHOULD HAVE RACED IN THE 3YR OLD RACE IF HE WAS STAKED TO IT

IMO ONLY MISTAKE WAS TIM NOT TAKING HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT BEFORE THE FIRST QUARTER  MAYBE THEN HE GETS A CK  ,,MAYBE ..

NICE 3 YR OLD NOT THE BEST EVER

FEW BETTER THAN HIM ..IMO

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2023, 01:59:27 PM »
HORSE WAS NOT SICK
HE RACED AGAINST THE BEST OLDER HORSES IN  NORTH AMERICA

MISSLE GOT AWAY WITH AN EASY HALF  ONLY HORSE THAT WAS BEATING HIM WAS A PERFECT TRIPPED OUT HORSE..
 WHICH IS WHAT HAPPENED .

BOWDEN SHOULD HAVE RACED IN THE 3YR OLD RACE IF HE WAS STAKED TO IT

IMO ONLY MISTAKE WAS TIM NOT TAKING HIM ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT BEFORE THE FIRST QUARTER  MAYBE THEN HE GETS A CK  ,,MAYBE ..

NICE 3 YR OLD NOT THE BEST EVER

FEW BETTER THAN HIM ..IMO
Another one who gets it. Confederate wasn't trying to pass El Rey and Cannibal. He was overmatched in that field.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2023, 02:22:19 PM »
Funny USTA headline...  Allywag wins...Confederat e 8th!   ngc3  ngc3  ngc3

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2023, 02:44:53 PM »
Apparently you didn't watch the race or see the interviews after. Blissful Hall was locked in for his life and was running over horses at the wire. Even Campbell said that if Blissful Hall got out, The Panderosa would have been beaten.
Read and learn something fuck face.

https://hru.tempurl.host/2018/04/22/hall-of-fame-inductee-blissfull-hall-is-a-complete-specimen/

Lmfao if my aunt had balls...cry me a river about a horse 19-31 lifetime

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2023, 02:53:35 PM »
Lmfao if my aunt had balls...cry me a river about a horse 19-31 lifetime
I think I'll take the opinions of JC and Ben Wallace over a jackwagon like you.

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2023, 02:54:20 PM »
Tetrick post-race interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LQ32ce_6Bc

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2023, 02:55:55 PM »
I think I'll take the opinions of JC and Ben Wallace over a jackwagon like you.

And a total  dud at stud..wonder why he didnt race at 4

Gee he gave us Camelot Hall an afterthought  from the deep 2004c3 yo division

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal