Author Topic: Effingham IL County Fair Very Serious Accident / Incident  (Read 8234 times)

NatHillIV

• NW-1
Re: Effingham IL County Fair Very Serious Accident / Incident
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2023, 11:29:16 AM »
Sending prayers and miracles to Harper Finn and her family.

I second that motion.

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2023, 11:37:01 AM »
Glad to hear she’s not dead. Prayers to the family and little Harper. God works miracles!!!!!! Get well soon Harper.  tmbz1
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2023, 12:07:26 PM »
Man whoever the insurance company is has to know they are paying out some big bucks and might as well go out of business. Finn family about to get some serious coin. They’ll be able to buy every yearling at walkers farm next month if they want

PRETTY SURE THEY WOULD RATHER HAVE THEIR CHILD BACK, THEY ARE NEVER GONNA CELEBRATE ANY MONEY THEY RECEIVE FROM THIS DONT BE DESPICABLE

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #48 on: August 01, 2023, 12:19:15 PM »
Is it me or does it seem like every day something bad happens in harness racing like horses abuse or people dying people fighting stiffing and bad karma? I mean this is so sad and makes me wonder how in the heck can stuff like this happen? Like lucpark said someone is going to get there ass sued off and have to pay out big money. None of the Finn family will ever have to race another horse since theyll be hitting the lottery with this lawsuit. BILLIONS!  JF

Most people who race horses dont do it for the money, only a few in it to get big,  for most its in their blood passed on from generation down, and is all they ever done or want to do, i don't know them personally but i know it's a life long family affair for them as well, i suppose they can choose to do what ever they want, this is a very tragic accident that could have happened to anyone , same as the other recent accidents,  the raceing community is very large and people  here events taking place faster and moreso but just like people getting injured at a amusement park or any other entity accidents certainly unfortunately happen and does not have ANYTHING to do wifh Karma, Accidents are not Karma and people fighting and cheating take it upon themselves to do such actions it's their stupid choices and Karma does and will get the cheaters and Abusers eventually just because we dont know about it doesn't mean it didn't or wont happen Karma comes in all kinds of forms

Hambletonian46

• Open / FFA
« Reply #49 on: August 01, 2023, 12:22:02 PM »
Still trying to wrap my brain around this one.

Noticed no apron at this track, stands are separated from racing surface by a concrete barrier which looks to be 4' tall or so. The gate looks to be a little higher than this barrier.

They probably should scrub the photo on their homepage showing the starting car parked next to the stands...

Prayers to all involved in this horrible, horrible tragedy.

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #50 on: August 01, 2023, 12:23:56 PM »
I am looking at local news reports as recent as 11pm last night stating that Harper is 5 years old and is still alive, bur fighting for her life in very critical condition. Can we get something definitive?we are praying for her and the family.....

Hmm, just pray as if she still here

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2023, 04:49:49 PM »
Sad to report and according to the news. That Harper Finn did pass away today.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

bello

• Elite
« Reply #52 on: August 01, 2023, 05:35:14 PM »
https://lovingtributesonline.com/2023/08/01/harper-finn-obituary-altamont-il-5-year-old-dies-after-being-struck-by-harness-race-starting-gate-during-funfair-death/

What a doll. This is devastating. She was in the arms of her grandma when the accident too place. God bless you Harper and the rest of the Finn family.

HoppleBurns

• Top Claimer
« Reply #53 on: August 01, 2023, 07:51:52 PM »
https://lovingtributesonline.com/2023/08/01/harper-finn-obituary-altamont-il-5-year-old-dies-after-being-struck-by-harness-race-starting-gate-during-funfair-death/

What a doll. This is devastating. She was in the arms of her grandma when the accident too place. God bless you Harper and the rest of the Finn family.

Does this link work for anyone?

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #54 on: August 01, 2023, 08:17:33 PM »
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

HarnessFan1981

• Open / FFA
« Reply #55 on: August 01, 2023, 08:25:28 PM »
Harper Finn Obituary Altamont IL, 5-year-old dies after being struck by Harness race starting gate during funfair

August 1, 2023
Harper Finn Obituary Altamont IL, 5-year-old dies after being struck by Harness race starting gate during funfair
Harper Finn Accident, Death, Obituary, GoFundMe – At the Effingham County Fair, the upcoming week was going to be extra exciting for Harper Finn, who is only 5 years old. She was one of the numerous Little Misses who had practised their performances and were ready to take the runway walk on the show stage on Tuesday night. On a Sunday afternoon, the inhabitant of Altamont was preparing to head out to the racecourse with her grandma to see the beginning of the harness races.

Then, during the first race on July 30 at approximately 1 p.m., the unthinkable occurred when the starting gate attached to a pace car for the harness racers stretched into the grandstand after colliding with a building on the far right side of the track. This caused the spectators in the stands to be injured. Harper was being held by her grandma when she was hit by the gate and yanked away from her.

The gravely injured kid was immediately attended to by emergency medical personnel, and after she was stable enough for transport, she was taken by ambulance to HSHS St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital in Effingham. From there, she was transferred to St. Louis Children’s Hospital via medical emergency helicopter.

Phil Hartke, president of the freestar Effingham County Fair Board, stated on Monday that Harper remained in a serious condition and was receiving life support. Before the beginning of the tractor and truck pulls on Monday night at the fairgrounds, he asked for a minute of silence and prayers for Harper as he remembered Harper. That evening, there was a very moving moment that occurred.

According to Hartke, the driver of the pace car had a significant amount of familiarity with the starting gate. The mishap did not cause any other patrons in the grandstand to sustain injuries.

In order to show respect for the Finn family, who have a long history of being involved with fair racing at the Altamont track, harness racing has been cancelled for the remainder of the county fair.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2023, 09:29:48 PM »
just the worst.

R.I.P. little one.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2023, 09:55:38 PM »
RIP
😢😢😢
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2023, 10:42:37 PM »
Rest In Peace little one. Condolences to the Finn Family.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2023, 10:59:22 PM »
Oh dear.
Unthinkable.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal