Author Topic: Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.  (Read 537 times)

bond

• Elite
Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.
« on: January 31, 2024, 11:49:29 AM »
JMO--but I have a very good friend who is an Olympic Athlete--and I talked to him recently and he told me he takes ADVIL when training and even before main events when needed. I asked him what about testing--he laughed and said "what?" "They dont worry about stuff like that". Interesting I said because in horse racing you would be in serious trouble---he could not understand that--and me either!! So I looked it up:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency does not prohibit the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) because these agents are not performance enhancing, and their analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects are at best performance enabling. Consequently, athletes have relatively unrestricted access to NSAIDs, which are readily available as over-the-counter drugs. "
 HISA--would ruin your livelihood if you came up positive in a race--and race commissions and the Meadowlands--probably bar you from racing.

Instead of using reasonable levels of NSAIDs before racing--they have gone the other way as seen recently by the many trainers at Meadowlands now doing time for levels of Bute-that were actually LOWERED-to extremely low levels--why I dont understand and neither does anyone else--sounds just like they want to catch people now and make the illusion they are serious about "cheating"--which using a small amout of bute certainly is not.
     imho they need to refocus and just catch the real cheats--like those currently in prison--who just wanted to use PEDs.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
Re: Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 12:00:29 PM »
JMO--but I have a very good friend who is an Olympic Athlete--and I talked to him recently and he told me he takes ADVIL when training and even before main events when needed. I asked him what about testing--he laughed and said "what?" "They dont worry about stuff like that". Interesting I said because in horse racing you would be in serious trouble---he could not understand that--and me either!! So I looked it up:

"The World Anti-Doping Agency does not prohibit the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) because these agents are not performance enhancing, and their analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects are at best performance enabling. Consequently, athletes have relatively unrestricted access to NSAIDs, which are readily available as over-the-counter drugs. "
 HISA--would ruin your livelihood if you came up positive in a race--and race commissions and the Meadowlands--probably bar you from racing.

Instead of using reasonable levels of NSAIDs before racing--they have gone the other way as seen recently by the many trainers at Meadowlands now doing time for levels of Bute-that were actually LOWERED-to extremely low levels--why I dont understand and neither does anyone else--sounds just like they want to catch people now and make the illusion they are serious about "cheating"--which using a small amout of bute certainly is not.
     imho they need to refocus and just catch the real cheats--like those currently in prison--who just wanted to use PEDs.

tmbz1

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: Why HISA and Horse Racing Commissions are on the wrong track.
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 12:02:02 PM »
BOND, I fully agree with your statements here. I would also agree that the responsible use of anti-Inflammatory's aids and prolongs the appropriate career of any athlete, human or equine. However, be both know that some trainer playing vet will overload, or think they know better, and as history has demonstrated we will be back to square one. Personally I think there is a need for HISA, with of course a fair an proper treatment of man and animal.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    Today at 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal