Author Topic: WHY DON'T RACETRACKS  (Read 978 times)

Frank the Zipper

• Stakes Horse
  • Shoot 'em up
WHY DON'T RACETRACKS
« on: September 24, 2023, 08:15:24 PM »
Why don't harness & thoroughbred tracks use the same saddle colors. Why confuse us old, near-sighted, cross-betting buggers?

wisha roder

• Top Claimer
Re: WHY DON'T RACETRACKS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 08:33:27 PM »
Why don't harness & thoroughbred tracks use the same saddle colors. Why confuse us old, near-sighted, cross-betting buggers?
Totally agree.  I've thought the same thing for years, but i'm certain one is not going to change for the other.  Logically, i would think since blue is associated with first, it should be the number one color.  You'd have to change all those saddlepads

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 10:19:11 PM »
It’s better than some foreign countries, where all the saddle pads are the same color.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2023, 11:03:58 PM »
Why don't harness & thoroughbred tracks use the same saddle colors. Why confuse us old, near-sighted, cross-betting buggers? The colors are used to so players watching warm ups know what race the horse is in. Different trainers have different warm up routines. The colors are for the Judges and State vets as well. It is common for 2or3 horses wearing the same number to be on track ,at the same time! exp. If you saw three #5 horses warming up and you didn't like the way one of them looked,how would you know which race not to bet the #5 if they all had identical saddle pads? Hope you can sleep now! ngc3

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2023, 12:43:52 PM »
Why don't harness & thoroughbred tracks use the same saddle colors. Why confuse us old, near-sighted, cross-betting buggers? The colors are used to so players watching warm ups know what race the horse is in. Different trainers have different warm up routines. The colors are for the Judges and State vets as well. It is common for 2or3 horses wearing the same number to be on track ,at the same time! exp. If you saw three #5 horses warming up and you didn't like the way one of them looked,how would you know which race not to bet the #5 if they all had identical saddle pads? Hope you can sleep now! ngc3

The saddle pads have 2 numbers on them in the warmups.  The race the horse is in and the number in the race. At least at the tracks I watch.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal