Author Topic: CON-federate vs. Bythemissal TVG pace November 25th!  (Read 16511 times)

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: CON-federate vs. Bythemissal TVG pace November 25th!
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2023, 11:05:45 PM »
Until the Breeders Crown, Confederate was managed not to lose. That is not greatness. The interview after the race said it all. Diamond Creek breeds horses to produce stallions. That is how to ruin any hope to grow the sport and attract new fans. Now more than ever I want the government handouts to end.

post the interview. Let the world see want an asshole Bowden is.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:08:20 PM by Generation XYZ »
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2023, 11:13:05 PM »
If Bythemissal is healthy next year he is going to dominate.

we shall see. Horse is certainly beatable as he proved in some big races this year. Allywag isnt going anywhere. Abucketbett should be back. There were a couple 4 year olds that were raced conservatively like Stonebridge Helios and Mad Max Hanover that could jump up. Plus there will be someone from this years 3 year old crop who takes a giant leap up as happens every year.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2023, 11:14:07 PM »
It just made no sense to race against older horses.

why not...what was there to lose, had everything to gain... a win would have added another 2-5K...a loss doesnt change his stud fee

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2023, 11:15:17 PM »
Confederate was managed not to lose. Finally he took a shot when it was not a sure thing and he was handed his hat.

reallly? he raced everywhere except for that shitty half mile Jug that somehow only rubes from the farm think is the biggest race in harness racing. It aint the 60s anymore

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2023, 11:26:27 PM »
If Confederate was one of the all time greatest like some were calling him, he would of won. He simply ain't.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2023, 11:36:36 PM »
And Bythemissal will not be in that tough transition from three to four. Like this year, Allywag is not likely to be in top form consistently and Tattoo Artist is gone.

Allywag really got untracked by that awful accident in Canada. It took him over 6 weeks  to find consistent form. He hasnt been that bad since then and he beat Bythemissal at Hoosier and Fan Duel.  Bythemissal is a great horse, do not get me wrong but this isnt the second coming of Artsplace or Bulldog. Its very very tough to dominate a group the entire season.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2023, 11:38:47 PM »
If Confederate was one of the all time greatest like some were calling him, he would of won. He simply ain't.

horses get beat. get over it. Post was tough as was the trip. Doesnt diminish how great a 3 year old he was this season...one of the all time bests

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2023, 11:43:14 PM »
I told y'all when Confederate was committed to this race that it will be a different story when all the others weren't racing for second! The way he was raced gives prudence to the fact that T.T. was aware of that also.Now all that has to finish the story is that either he scoped sick or couldn't get ahold of the track!

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2023, 11:43:27 PM »
The Jug is a million dollar race and is the most attended harness races every year and has been for decades. How many races did he race on a half? His babies will be racing on half mile tracks. He was hiding in Lexington in sire stakes setting an artificial mark set up by a stablemate. As the post race interview indicated, they breed horse to become stallions. That is a great way to ruin the future of the sport.

how much was the jug day handle.....where was he hiding...big deal he didnt race there just like the great Somebeachsomewher e. Look what happened to Its My Show and Seven Colors after the Jug...yeah I applaud Bowden from keeping Confederate away from that rat track

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2023, 12:03:05 AM »
why not...what was there to lose, had everything to gain... a win would have added another 2-5K...a loss doesnt change his stud fee
I had a Laag colt. He was a nickel piece of shit just like you.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2023, 12:06:44 AM »
Finally, someone with a clue. Apparently this Laag poster is either Adam Bowden or related to him.

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2023, 12:10:09 AM »
“Confederate had the magic season, and we took a chance here (in the FanDuel) and it didn’t work out,” Bowden said. “But he’s still great in our book.” Confederate’s driver, Tim Tetrick, added, “He’s a cool dude. It’s hard to find that kind, and it’s very hard to replace them. He’s been very special.

“He’s been great all year. Today, he had a little hiccup, but it’s tough against those 5-, 6-, 7-year-old warhorses. He got beat, but he raced good, he raced hard. Bad drive, 26 (seconds) in the third quarter trying to get into the race, and I had to go wide to get into the race on the first turn. Nine-holes are tough. Sometimes they’re daggers.”---EXCUSES galore! He raced GOOD?! The horse STUNK tonight. This week Tetrick was very confident he could 'slide' into position then come after Bythemissal and win.  Now he calls it a bad drive.  Heck of a program line to end it all. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2023, 12:12:39 AM by wizardofoz »

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2023, 12:14:26 AM »
reallly? he raced everywhere except for that shitty half mile Jug that somehow only rubes from the farm think is the biggest race in harness racing. It aint the 60s anymore
You're a fucking idiot.

Laag

• Top Claimer
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2023, 12:19:02 AM »
ooh look someone who thinks half mile racing is a thing

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2023, 12:20:08 AM »
There were actually people saying Confederate is one of the all time greats.  ngc3 ngc3

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal