Author Topic: What winners circles have you been in?  (Read 2409 times)

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
Re: What winners circles have you been in?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2024, 08:34:41 AM »
Sweet. Tell us something about Gator and Tropical, please.
If you are serious about Tropical Park go  to the Tropical Park thread in the nostalgia section.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

HoP Haiku

• NW-1
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2024, 10:38:40 AM »
meadowlands freehold
sportsmans maywood balmoral
indy downs hoosier

titans1127

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2024, 10:57:38 AM »
Just Yonkers and Monticello so far.  All as fans of the winning horses.  Hoping to be in the winners circle for the first time as an owner this September at Running Aces with my first ever 2 year old!

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2024, 04:42:13 PM »
As an owner:

Meadowlands, Roosevelt, Yonkers, Freehold, Brandywine, Liberty Bell, Garden State, Buffalo, Batavia, Hinsdale, Green Mountain, Monticello. (the most were at the first 3).

Raced at (and won a few), but never was in the winners' circles: Pompano, Saratoga
Purse wise, better than being in the last 3. But tough to match Hinsdale for area beauty.

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2024, 04:48:09 PM »
Present as an owner at Monticello, Goshen, Meadowlands, Saratoga, Buffalo, Batavia, Syracuse. Traffic jams prevented an appearance for my lone win at Yonkers. And won, but not present, at Pocono and Winter training centers at Aiken and Hawkinsville Ga.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2024, 09:43:17 PM »
Purse wise, better than being in the last 3. But tough to match Hinsdale for area beauty.

Yes, Hinsdale and Green Mountain were courtesy of a local trainer, Billy Silk, who was a "go -to" when we were bringing back horses from various physical ailments.  He was extremely honest, diligent and likeable.  Purses weren't they objective at those two, for sure, just the rehab miles.

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2024, 10:07:09 PM »
DuQuoin
Maywood
Hoosier
Red Mile
Lebanon
Dayton
Scioto
Nfld.
Delaware, Oh
Windsor
Meadows
Pocono
M[1]
Woodbine

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2024, 02:24:31 AM »
Maybe the three "visitor" tracks don't count.  I was there on days there was no racing but I did go into the winners circle  ;D

Good ole sportsmans park to this day would be the greatest harness track in the workd if they didnt knock it down and Gill having them mo dockin in the lane miss those summer nites you would have 20-30k on fri an sat nites and honestly the track was the best when it was a 5/8ths track before they turned it into 7/8ths

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2024, 04:09:31 AM »
Prairie meadows qcd Yonkers Monticello Freehold Meadowlands
Pompano Fairmont park running aces Arlington Washington park maywood sportsman's park Hawthorne the hop hazel park Indiana downs mvg scd Northfield the meadows chester the spa And Western fair

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2024, 06:07:05 AM »
Present as an owner at Monticello, Goshen, Meadowlands, Saratoga, Buffalo, Batavia, Syracuse. Traffic jams prevented an appearance for my lone win at Yonkers. And won, but not present, at Pocono and Winter training centers at Aiken and Hawkinsville Ga.
If coming to Aiken next year, feel welcome to look me up. It would be nice to share the matinee with a fellow NY owner.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2024, 06:09:00 AM »
If you are serious about Tropical Park go  to the Tropical Park thread in the nostalgia section.
I have was more curious about Gator Downs. Don't hear that track mentioned often. New Orleans are track if I am thinking of the same place.

Mohawk mac

• 4 claimer
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2024, 06:30:04 AM »
Had 1 baby that couldn’t even get to 245 in training. Also owned a well thought of Florida bred who was abused. You could jog and train her just fine, but if you had to qualify her she was petrified getting ready to race in the paddock.

I suppose this should be an entirely seperate topic but it struck a few nerves.  A friend had a beautiful, sinfully fast filly who trained in 1:57 on a 5/8 at 2 back when 1:57 was like 1:52 now.  But she was a total head case.  Couldn't be rated.  Complete runaway.  Wouldn't go behind the gate, spooked by everything she saw and she saw everything.  Never raced.

I had a big, good looking, clean gaited Egyptian Dancer colt who maxed out at 2:17 after training down like a nice one.  Very disappointing.

JL52

• Open / FFA
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2024, 12:23:05 PM »
If coming to Aiken next year, feel welcome to look me up. It would be nice to share the matinee with a fellow NY owner.
Tx for the invite, but I am out of the business, so Aiken is a long shot. PM me if you wish, maybe we can share some stories.
Btw, at Aiken, before the likes of Roger Huston got involved, I called a 5 horse matinee on their big day. Probably mid-90’s. All 5 were from my trainer’s stable, so it was easy to know the names, and there wasn’t much movement. I was able to say “ they’re coming out of the far turn, you can throw a blanket over them”. LOL.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal