Author Topic: Howard Taylor Sues Jeff Gural For Defamation  (Read 12106 times)

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
Re: Howard Taylor Sues Jeff Gural For Defamation
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2023, 08:19:20 AM »
With any luck the lawsuit goes forward and Howard has to take the stand and they can ask him why he bought what he bought. My monies on HT dropping it way before that

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2023, 08:45:21 AM »
To clarify. The list cand from damian williams arguments against Fishman. It contained 7 individuals who purchased prohibitive substances, specifically epo.
Gural banned those 7 individuals because the state attorney's list was provided to him. They bought epo/ they are gone. Gural never said or has to say anything more/such as prove what was done after the purchase

You are 100% correct.  I have gone back and checked all of Gural's PUBLIC statements since he first brought up the people who would be disallowed on December 1 and have not seen any direct statement concerning Howard Taylor that wasn't factual (and did not get into the specifics of who did what to whom.)  He merely said certain names were on a list which caused him to ban these people.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2023, 09:25:37 AM »
Wrong Mike Campbell !  You’re the dumb motherfucker ! For your information    Fishman sold a ton of stuff that he didn’t manufacture that was perfectly legal.

WTF--Gural is not concerned with folk who purchased most of the stuff that Fishman sold--he had 100's of clients believe it or not.
What has ALWAYS been the concern--is the designer ILLEGAL meds Fishman was selling--misbranded and non FDA approved.
These are the people Gural and the FBI are after--many are already behind bars--and those who are not--are being banned.Howard Taylor apparently--paid for these drugs-most certainly to be used by his trainers. Thats why he was banned--and if he in fact cannot distance himself from these charges--not only will he lose his case-as you cannot win a libel/slander case if you are guilty-he will probably lose all his horses and be banned by the USTA--just like those already in lockup.

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2023, 09:37:17 AM »
What planet do you live on?? On earth a veterinarian can sell and prescribe medication. Every farm with livestock has the necessary medications to treat animals as needed. Other than controlled substances you can possess pretty much anything else
Buying from Fishman was different than buying from a credible/legitimate veterinarian. He relabeled everything which I believe is illegal.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 09:42:18 AM by MIKE CAMPBELL »

bond

• Elite
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2023, 11:52:49 AM »
Buying from Fishman was different than buying from a credible/legitimate veterinarian. He relabeled everything which I believe is illegal.
Exactly Mike--you know.---Howard is claiming Gural is lying?--however I just read that Taylor had 4 different accounts with Fishman-one was in his dead (RIP) wifes name.  Fishman was selling just about everything I was told--from supplements to relabeled, non FDA approved injectables-to designer drugs and Class 1 injectables he had no business selling to trainers whatsoever-which is why he got the most severe penalty of all and millions in fines.Not a reputable person to be dealing with and Taylor must have known something about all the medications- he is no idiot. Fishman was a real POS of the worst greedy kind. Honest people and all the horses are better off with him behind bars. Makes you wonder--why would Taylor have 4 different accounts with someone(vet) who does not look after any of his horses??

pocketrocketwinner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2023, 12:04:05 PM »
I wouldn't day he is claiming gural is lying.  By all public accounts of this suit, it is based on defamation of being banned because although the state has already proved that the epo was bought, taylor seems to be saying that gural needs proof after the purchaser that the horses received the epo and since there is no proof of that, now there is a legal suit against gural for defaming taylor

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2023, 12:25:33 PM »
does anyone ever lose with DIGNITY any more

wdf...

ITS HIS RACE TRACK IF HE WANTS TO BAR ANYONE ITS HIS RIGHT TO DO SO,,

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2023, 12:49:29 PM »
I am not a lawyer, and I don't play one on TV, the internet, or anywhere...but... does it mean anything that, it appears, that Taylor is not suing for the right to race. He's not suing for an injunction. It doesn't even appear that he is suing to prevent Gural from banning him. But he's suing for defamation? I believe one of the things you have to show to win on defamation is damages. Are the damages financial due to not being able to race?

Gural didn't ban Taylor because he bought EPO and gave it to his trainers. He banned Taylor because his name was on a customer list,  and because of other evidence...and because...HE CAN.

ITS NOT DEFAMATION IF ITS FOUND TO BE TRUE!!!
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2023, 01:02:13 PM »
Howard Taylor is a douche bag, cheat, and an all around dirt bag.  Are these defaming statements, or just the facts. YOU decide.  Fact is he's on the list because it was determined by the investigation. Gural just published the list in conformity of his banning these individuals. It doesnt matter if Howard Taylor stuck EPO up his ass he bought an illegal substance, that he, as legal counsel to many trainers that have endured the same charge he is now facing.  Is this stupidity, or brazen acts of untouchability?  Time will tell.  But he has a long fight ahead, and Gural needs to stay the course and make this an example if one needs to be made.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2023, 01:11:27 PM »
I don't see defamation here. I see right of refusal only. Unless something was published that we don't know about by Gural.
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2023, 01:32:49 PM »
I'm sure Jeff can't wait till Howard is under oath. Could be some very interesting questions for Howard to answer.

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2023, 01:37:27 PM »
You think that means he will tell nothing but the truth?   ngc3

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2023, 01:46:51 PM »
Remember Jack Nicholson said it  "You can't handle the truth"

Miguel_Sanchez

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2023, 01:48:12 PM »
Wait till Gural starts asking for bank records and trainers records.  You think all these trainers are going to go out of there way to help Howard?  He will get thrown under the bus by the weakest and brokest trainer out there.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2023, 02:23:11 PM »
Howard Taylor is a POS.  No if and or buts about it.  Now the business will find their go to legal counsel is as low a life form as some of the people he represents. Don't think for a minute, that Surick's prolonged report date didnt have something to do with a lot of the new pot of shit thats being stirred.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal