General Category > Nostalgia

Orangeville Raceway

<< < (3/3)

kerwoodfan:

--- Quote from: Iceman on February 18, 2020, 11:46:56 AM ---And there was Bill and Paul Cass, George Wain, Jack Wray, Colonel Schneider, and later Mel Corbett

--- End quote ---

forgot Lloyd Spinks!!

kerwoodfan:

--- Quote from: Iceman on March 29, 2020, 09:09:55 PM ---Meat pies with gravy, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies on main floor. Sure they had burgers, fries and hot dogs but the meat pies were real good.

--- End quote ---

Yeah the buffet was awesome. We used to drive up hwy #10 from Toronto in the early 80's and it seemed like Orangeville was an eternity away. Was quite the haul in winter when heading up as the snow never stopped.

the real doctor:

--- Quote from: Iceman on April 08, 2021, 09:33:21 PM ---A few of us were having a drink the other day and it was mostly days gone by and I noticed Orangeville kept coming up and before long there were so many stories that we were late into the night. Any horseman or race fan will have an Orangeville story. It was unfortunate that mis management by the owner, his name escapes me that we lost a really good track.

--- End quote ---

cant remember owners name although it ended up with Keeling and Waples holding some type of involvement. Stoikoplous was up there as the "wannabe" race secretary.  Two of my favourite horses raced up there often; Morris' Goodenuff and Ripping Dan (Larry Rose horses).

STEW MCQUEEN:
i spent alot of days here as a kid sunday afternoons

a few on the back stretch as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version