General Category > Nostalgia

Orangeville Raceway

(1/3) > >>

kerwoodfan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=J3F46s-n4_s&fbclid=IwAR1GOI7Y6xADcsH6NX8JmrFO4YGSVyyizbNVkkwQlQexYILHdYCUppib_2g

pylon:
my dad and I went up  to Orangeville almost every Sunday afternoon....Bill Troy, Clure Archdeken, Paul Matthews,Charlie Lawson...……….BTW Kerwoodfan….TK is out in Western Canada, driving at Fraser Downs

pylon:
Ice, Mel had so much talent, but he was involved in a nasty accident around 1982/3 and was off for 6/7 months....after he came back, he never was the same...his drives dried up and he got out of the business...a shame really because he could really drive one..

pylon:

--- Quote from: Iceman on February 18, 2020, 01:56:51 PM ---Yeah after that accident he started using weed because he couldn't shake the accident. I forgot another driver Jim McClure how I could do that we were great friends. I would race there Thursday's and Sunday's until the Thoroughbreds cleared out of Greenwood.

--- End quote ---

Ice, you have kicked in some memories from me....Jim drove a cheapy for me and my dad to victory, years ago at KD.....Fancy Co Star...and a couple of years later drove a trotter to victory for me at Georgian Downs....I still have the picture..it was my last winning photo, because shortly after I got out of ownership.....gre at memories for me Ice

slimshady:
Jimmy could have been one of the best !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version