General Category > Nostalgia

FAVORITE ERA OF RACING

<< < (2/3) > >>

Meadow Ford:
The Golden Days of Sportsman's Park Was  The Golden Era for me and for IL.Harness racing.

Mailbox Money:
70's and 80's hands down!

theokodjak26:
Late 60’s early to mid 70’s. I loved half mile racing back then. I loved being so close to the action. YR, MR and RR all had unique personalities and in their heydays were great. It took me a while to get used to mile races and the glitz of the new Meadowlands. I didn’t like not being able to follow the action except by watching on the big infield screen. But like everything else change takes over and I had to adapt.

panhunter:
60'S, 70'S, 80'S I was weened on the greats at Yonkers and Roosevelt. The younger fans who never experienced it have no idea. Before the internet and offtrack betting, picture 50,000 fans on a Saturday night! My favorite horse, because of name and performance, the great, OVERCALL.

theokodjak26:
Nothing beat the era than before the Meadowlands. In younger days, 60s and early 70s, friends and I were always going to Yonkers and Roosevelt. Big crowds, excitement etc. Then we would plan trips annually to visit Liberty Bell, Brandywine, Monticello doubleheaders, Green Mountain, Rockingham and Freehold. It was so much fun. Win or lose we had a great time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version