(1/3) > >>

LUCPARK:
70’s

80’s

90’s

Nothin after the 90’s

Excepted on this thread

Harness racer:
Because the average age of the posters on here is like 76.  But I'm a late 90s early 2000s guy myself.  Favorite horse was Sanabelle Island.

OldRockman:

--- Quote from: Harness racer on May 19, 2022, 08:52:47 PM ---Because the average age of the posters on here is like 76.  But I'm a late 90s early 2000s guy myself.  Favorite horse was Sanabelle Island.

--- End quote ---
Sanabelle Island, Steve Warrington, i remember her.
I being an average plopper i guess has to go back to the 70s and Foxboro Raceway and
Rockingham. The night Romeo hanover raced at Rockinghsm you couldnt even find a
Seat on a bench on the apron it was so crowded.

The Thorn:
Personally it's the 70s before Meadowlands opened.  Go to YR or RR at 5 PM with a stopwatch, time both warmups, look for washed out horses and ones that just look horrible to toss and the good looking ones that went good warm ups to bet.  Tons of dead money .. easy pickings. 

Meadowlands opens. Roosevelt eventually closes. Races at Yonkers start to suck. Everything is twice as far away and harder to see.  The start of it not being so easy.  Add simulcasting and later slots, dead money goes away ... Give me a time machine please. 

Meadow Ford:

--- Quote from: OldRockman on May 19, 2022, 08:59:15 PM ---The night Romeo hanover raced at Rockinghsm you couldnt even find a
Seat on a bench on the apron it was so crowded.

--- End quote ---
When Romeo Hanover came to Sportsmans Park for The  3 year old American National he was a total run away. Little Geo Sholty's butt never touched the seat the whole mile. He won by many.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version