Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 81087 times)

cigar

• Elite
Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #1200 on: October 16, 2020, 04:34:59 PM »
Gotta disagree with you, nobody should tell an owner that they need to turn anything out if there is a medication available to help the problem. The reality is your an owner with limited knowledge of the back end side of the racing and thatís ok not your fault. If you want to buy babies and turn them out if they bleed thatís your right, but not everyone thinks the way you do so a choice needs to be given especially when there is a medication to assist with it.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #1201 on: October 16, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »
I DISAGREE ON LASIX THING JIMMY

for 2 yr olds

if it can help

im for it..
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Winners Win

• Open / FFA
« Reply #1202 on: October 16, 2020, 05:17:48 PM »
I am for lasix in any horse that needs it and wish they would drop the lasix position from the integrity bill.  We need the rest of the bill.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #1203 on: October 16, 2020, 05:31:19 PM »
Rest can't help?? Growing immature hard to keep weight on a two year that has been on the track for 9 or 10 months you give them lasix that dehydrates the horse and drops 20-25lbs of weight. To me its greed to keep the horse going yes if it helps? Lowest dose maybe but many bleed through it and need higher doses. To me the horse needs rest...but I guess I'm on a Island especially when 2 yr old may race once every 11 or 12 days...skip a week to ten days and see what happens?

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #1204 on: October 16, 2020, 05:35:07 PM »
They donít loose weight on Lasix!
You can keep them hydrated during the week that it wonít effect them being on Lasix, where the fuck do you get your info from? I have never had a horse loose weight by being on Lasix. Or letís turn them out for 6 months and then put them on Lasix as a 3yo right?

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #1205 on: October 16, 2020, 05:52:47 PM »
Facts are blenders get inflammation and scar tissue in the lungs. Many side effects are dehydration and weight loss due to loss of appetite. There is enough information on EIPH and Cigar if you don't think that feel free to call Dr. Benson at the RMTC or any doc's at Woodland Run. AGAIN TALKING ONLY 2 YEAR OLDS. Let them develop without all the medication and heal on their own. As far as the horse ISN'T it the owners investment and bills that go and pay for the horse and if he so choose's for rest why should the trainer argue? If it's a stake horse then I suppose some serious talks should be had. If it's a average horse with upside turning the horse out is the wrong option? Again must be on my own island wanting better for the equine athlete and money isn't everything. Now Cigar to your point in a earlier thread GREED is in all businesses!

Winners Win

• Open / FFA
« Reply #1206 on: October 16, 2020, 05:56:47 PM »
Horses first: Your name and point is valid but we all know people will race horses that shouldn't be.  I want the horses that continue to be raced even though they are bleeding, to have the help of lasix. 

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #1207 on: October 16, 2020, 06:24:39 PM »
Horses first,
All horses should have able to get treatments and medication available to help them at any age and at any time! We do it for humans and there is no reason not to do it for animals.

Iceman

• Elite
  • CJ842591
« Reply #1208 on: October 16, 2020, 06:52:45 PM »
In all my years I never had a horse on lasix, but of the belief that trainers today the first sign of blood the administration of lasix is the quick remedy to keep racing. Sure I have had young horses scoped and showed minor bleeding but I would alter things and give them time to heal. I have always believed that since the over use of lasix it has become part of a bloodlines DNA and racing is unknowingly weakening a hardy breed.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #1209 on: October 16, 2020, 07:43:04 PM »
Cigar I'll meet you more then half way and say I'm wrong on the lasix. While I'm only concerned with the 2 yr old yes your right no weight loss especially on with older horses. I still prefer if I had a young horse that was a bleeder not just a little but a lot I prefer the turnout especially if it was just a run of the mill horse. If a horse was better and bled a little yes I suppose there is nothing wrong with giving the horse lasix.

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #1210 on: October 17, 2020, 03:11:08 PM »
Whoís training now that McGinnis has covid?

Kole Hanover

• 4 claimer
« Reply #1211 on: October 17, 2020, 07:53:22 PM »

Burps' MacDonald said he loves to eat (as long as he isn't footing the bill), as can be seen in everyone of his videos burping 30 times like a pig.

He doesn't want to buy expensive/good looking horses, he can buy 5 rats for the price of a decent one, he gets the same monthly bill/vet fees/big meals off the rat as the good horse- but he gets it x5 because his 5 rats equal the price of an ok individual.

Brown jug

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #1212 on: October 17, 2020, 08:45:41 PM »
they are not cheap horses they are UNDERVALUED, nobody else sees the value so they are bought cheap
and they will be potential champions , at least until the qualify

Stan durbread

• Open / FFA
« Reply #1213 on: October 17, 2020, 10:26:24 PM »
they are not cheap horses they are UNDERVALUED, nobody else sees the value so they are bought cheap
and they will be potential champions , at least until the qualify
[/quote
Sadly they will be staked like champions too

Kole Hanover

• 4 claimer
« Reply #1214 on: October 17, 2020, 10:35:04 PM »

Burps' tries to get them going 100MPH for his open houses, to sell the shares that aren't sold out & to get the owners a little moist before the disappointments start...

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Manny: Any good spots to go for a drink and check out babes around Hoosier Park?
    October 21, 2020, 07:09:59 PM
  • Manny: hi guys
    October 21, 2020, 07:09:16 PM
  • backinblack: Can't be craig Wolfe...that guy doesn't make enough money in harness to even have a phone
    October 20, 2020, 08:21:03 PM
  • Oil Can Boyd: IS SHE CALLING HIM A CHILD MOLESTER, CUZ HE IS YOU KNOW
    October 20, 2020, 09:17:20 AM
  • Alex: GAWRY, YOUR MOM IS CALLING YOU
    October 18, 2020, 08:25:22 PM
  • backinblack: wolfie...alex? hillbillies r us
    October 16, 2020, 07:37:29 PM
  • EPO: hey wolfie where you been
    October 16, 2020, 06:29:35 PM
  • Fatboy: Weekend at Bernies
    October 16, 2020, 12:48:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal