Author Topic: Running 2yo into the ground  (Read 42407 times)

Fatboy

• Living Legend
Re: Running 2yo into the ground
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2018, 11:28:15 AM »
Amazing how many horse fucks think that if you don't do it like I do it, you are doing it wrong.  And that if you are successful, you must be cheating.
YOUR DOIN OK WITH THE FILLY USTA SAID ITS ALL GOOD

oh canada

• Elite
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2018, 11:38:45 AM »
Too bad there isn't more people in the game like her, she speaks her mind and calls the people who matter when she sees injustice. I was a coward and played dumb with the shit I was involved with. Horses First reminds me of Sulkyfromouterspa ce, trying to get things done!!
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2018, 11:57:14 AM »
This post was not started due to spite of this trainer's "winning ways" and "success," if you even classify $16,000 in 16 starts as success.  It was started out of concern for the horses under his "care," animals that he has proven to give ZERO fucks about throughout his training career.  

This strategy of over-racing has broken down numerous horses already.  In recent history, ZERO yearlings trained down by Steven Renard have raced past 4 yo. Soak that in!! Every single yearling I could track down that he's trained has broken down before they finish their 4 yo campaign.  This strategy has repetitively proven to be HORRIFICALLY harmful to his horses, and the USTA, the overarching representation of our sport, claims it is safe!?!? Is this a fucking joke?  

And to make this even more ridiculous, they claim it is safe because he is "winning." The fact that they claim that the horse winning $1000 fair races at 2yo is a stronger indication of satisfactory long-term health, ignoring the fact that the horse is following an identical trend to numerous Renard horses in the past who have broken down, is just mind-blowingly stupid.  This whole situation makes me sick.  This is truly the most ignorant and idiotic thing I've ever heard in our sport.

And who tf gives this TC Lane idiot the right to even make this ruling?  Shoudn't this be an IRB issue?

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2018, 11:58:33 AM »
Really Cigar a sucked up little pony racing back to back and then a few times a week? Seems a little over kill to nail down a 1,000 purse at the fair. What he has told a breeder is...he wants to have the winningest horse of the year and some type of trainer award. Yeah that spells class to me. And by the way nobody said he was cheating.
People train horses differently, maybe he figures 200 miles she can handle it. No different than people training horses every 3/4 days. I saw her she looks fine and the guy is a nice guy. He only races 5 months a year so she had plenty of time to rest. Maybe if Illinois had a longer race schedule he could space the dates out.

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #79 on: July 25, 2018, 12:12:07 PM »
I was at Hawthorne on Sunday night with a friend who knows nothing about horse racing.  I taught him how to read a program, and he pointed out Loussolataire in Race 4 out to me and said "isn't it unhealthy that this horse races so much?"  Someone who knew nothing about this sport and was looking at a program for their first time ever was able to notice that there is something wrong here.  Yet experienced horsemen are defending him...?

The USTA constantly talks about bringing in new fans to the sport, yet refuses to do anything about clear animal abuse that is directly visible to the entire public.  At least new-comers to the sport don't see the drugs these racehorses are pumped with, something the USTA is fighting with all of their power.  They do look at the program and see this poor horse being run into the ground though, but apparently the USTA doesn't give a shit about that.

The argument that different trainers use different training tactics does not apply to compare obvious safety to obvious danger.  No trainer should justifiably be allowed to abuse horses just because that's their unique way of training.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2018, 12:17:29 PM »
Hey do what you want, but what he is doing there is nothing wrong with it. His horse his time his money. If you don’t like it but the horse from him give it as much time off as you want.

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2018, 12:33:59 PM »
Hey do what you want, but what he is doing there is nothing wrong with it. His horse his time his money. If you don’t like it but the horse from him give it as much time off as you want.

I respectfully disagree with your argument whole-heartedly.  I don't believe trainers should be able to do whatever they want with their horses.  Instead, I believe there should be and needs to be rules in our sport.

I think this all boils down to plopster's personal view of horses - are they pricey pieces of property or animals that deserve good lives.   Personally, I support laws against animal abuse because I love animals, especially horses.  It breaks my heart to see an overraced horse be pushed too hard, snap its leg, and be euthanized on the track (7/22 @ Red Mile. Race 9. #5). That's what it all boils down to.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2018, 12:36:25 PM »
They got rules and he hasn’t broken any!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »
2yr olds should average no more than 13 or 14 starts if healthy

3yr old

maybe 17 or 19 ,,dependin how good they are

overnight horse no more than 30 to 32 a yr ,,every horse should get 1 week or so off for every 4 or 5 starts ,

that's what every trainer I ever had told me,,

there are guys that race their horses 45 times a yr or more

its their horse,,,

buy them out ,,or just watch there is nothing to  complane about

no animal rights have been abused in just over racin them

dumb ass idea just about it..

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
They got rules and he hasn’t broken any!

Per TC Lane, some USTA employee who is 1) completed uninformed of the entire background of the situation and 2) has absolutely no authority to make any sort of executive decision like this.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
Per TC Lane, some USTA employee who is 1) completed uninformed of the entire background of the situation and 2) has absolutely no authority to make any sort of executive decision like this.
IN REGARDS TO EXAMPLE #1:  WHAT'S HE UNINFORMED ABOUT? HE CAN SEE, LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE, WHEN/WHERE THIS FILLY IS ENTERED, CORRECT?
YOUR MORALS HAVE BEEN INSULTED AGREED
NOBODY SAYIN ANY LAWS HAVE BEEN BROKEN
YOU FEED THE PRICK THEN U CAN TRAIN HIM

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2018, 12:57:50 PM »
Every horse is different and can handle different types of stress, if I was Renard I would wait until one of these ballers that complain about this make a headache for me to race the horse. Then go file a torches interference with business practices since the horse is a business. Do it once will never get any complaints again from anyone.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2018, 01:03:05 PM »
Cigar I forget what Swoodall refers you as a owner or trainer. Either way a honest question have you or would you ever break a baby as a weanling? Then would you have a yearling trained down to 2:20? As a owner or trainer  honest opinion and answer. If no please explain.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #88 on: July 25, 2018, 01:05:07 PM »
Cigar I forget what Swoodall refers you as a owner or trainer. Either way a honest question have you or would you ever break a baby as a weanling? Then would you have a yearling trained down to 2:20? As a owner or trainer  honest opinion and answer. If no please explain.

GINO JUST BUYS THEM HE DONT TRAIN THEM

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #89 on: July 25, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
GINO JUST BUYS THEM HE DONT TRAIN THEM
Trains worst horse to ever get a check in Illinois.

I read that somewhere.

tmbz1

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal