Author Topic: Driver fined for not whipping! WTF!  (Read 2019 times)

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
Driver fined for not whipping! WTF!
« on: May 24, 2024, 12:27:29 PM »
IRVINE, JUSTIN D AURORA, OH YOB 2001
Nfld on 5/11/2024 FINED: $500
DRIVING - 15 DAYS, 5/20/2024 THRU 6/3/2024
OTHER
While driving #1 Boss Baby in race 8 on 5/11/24 he committed an act of carelessness by
throwing his whip into the infield prior to the finish of the race thus hindering his ability to
drive his horse through the finish
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

Harness racer

• Elite
Re: Driver fined for not whipping! WTF!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 12:30:44 PM »
I saw the video.  What was the purpose of it?  Now it cost him 2 weeks of work.  Seems pretty stupid.

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2024, 12:39:49 PM »
i guess some drivers are born just to carve away. If you don't have a whip and know horse won't take to whipping, you can resist the urge to carve!  11.wp
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 12:58:18 PM »
IRVINE, JUSTIN D AURORA, OH YOB 2001
Nfld on 5/11/2024 FINED: $500
DRIVING - 15 DAYS, 5/20/2024 THRU 6/3/2024
OTHER
While driving #1 Boss Baby in race 8 on 5/11/24 he committed an act of carelessness by
throwing his whip into the infield prior to the finish of the race thus hindering his ability to
drive his horse through the finish

did you see the replay ?

The craziest thing I've seen in awhile ( besides watching Veronica Merton try and drive a horse )

He looked like a winner top of the lane, horse who was parked started to close,,,, he still was up about a half length and whip in his right hand --- CHUCKED IT into the infield, and loses by a neck...

The close up slow mo replay shows there was nothing wrong with the whip....   

toothman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2024, 01:19:32 PM »
never seen  anythinf like it.
stupid is as stupid does...

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2024, 01:53:41 PM »
HE KNEW HE WAS BEAT.  HIS HORSE HAD NO SOAP. AND HE WAS MAD ABOUT IT. HE COULD OF GASHED UP THE HORSE AND GOT THE SAME RESULT. HE WASNT GOING TO WIN  WHIP OR NO WHIP.  I AGREE ITS NOT A GOOD LOOK BUT IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OUTCOME.

bello

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2024, 02:03:53 PM »
I saw it live. I had Justins horse. Horse was trying to wait on horses most of the mile. Justin just got frustrated that the horse was unresponsive. He cost nobody any money. Horse was beat when he tossed the whip. I had no problem with what he did at the time. Showed his competitive instincts. Fine was ridiculous. Mush worse shit goes on there,

Keep up the good work Justin! 

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2024, 02:11:44 PM »
I saw it live. I had Justins horse. Horse was trying to wait on horses most of the mile. Justin just got frustrated that the horse was unresponsive. He cost nobody any money. Horse was beat when he tossed the whip. I had no problem with what he did at the time. Showed his competitive instincts. Fine was ridiculous. Mush worse shit goes on there,

Keep up the good work Justin!
Just another example of a piece of shit millennial that thinks rules don't apply to him. Penalty wasn't harsh enough. Should have been fined 10g's and suspended for 6 months.

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2024, 11:10:06 PM »
Just another example of a piece of shit millennial that thinks rules don't apply to him. Penalty wasn't harsh enough. Should have been fined 10g's and suspended for 6 months.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1

Winners Win

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2024, 11:51:33 PM »
I saw it after the fact cause Boss Baby was posted for sale.  Either his punishment was too light or Drew Neil's was too harsh.  The punishment seems very inconsistent.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2024, 12:49:28 PM »
I agree with many that he was going to lose. Was it a bad look but not as bad as Drew Neil’s stiff.
But there has been quite a few bad looks this year including the scuffle on the track.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2024, 01:35:10 PM »
This reminds me of a race back in NZ like 35 years ago.

There was a maiden horse that had finished 10th or worse on 5 consecutive occasions. The horse happened to be named The Trump.  His trainer was staying at Robert Cameron's farm (Cameron was a top driver who even won a WDC) Cameron trained a few and he told the trainer, leave him with me, I will get him to win a race.  Two weeks later he was in to go and would have been like 50 to 1.  Cameron told my trainer he was going to win and to bet on him, which we did.

He was a lazy horse, and they came to the top of the stretch, and he was a length in front, Bob gave him a haymaker and he went two lengths clear, then another, three clear and so on until he won by 6. He was hauled before the judges and fine $500 for the red marks on the horse's ass end.  I mentioned to him after the race, "U didn't have to hit him that hard did you" and he said, when the money is on, you have to, he was going to stop.   He ended up being 5-1 and lined a few pockets.

The funny thing was he ran the following week against winners of 1 and ran away from the field and won by 5 without being whipped once.  I guess that hammering he got woke him up. He won at 12-1 and not one of us, including his driver, bet him.

sledge hammer

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2024, 01:36:59 PM »
Personally I don't think it was a bad look I thought it was funny. He knew he was collared late in the mile after doing all he could do to keep his horse going so he got frustrated. It was a heat of the moment type thing. Shows that he's passionate and wants to win.

All accounts are he's a good kid and talented. Merriman was sticking up for him after the incident. He's been doing great this year and hopefully he doesn't lose that momentum.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal