Author Topic: A Day Trip To Plainridge!  (Read 1881 times)

dougie

• Top Claimer
A Day Trip To Plainridge!
« on: May 20, 2024, 11:34:22 AM »
Heading down from Maine to Plainridge Park for the first time. It's a beautiful day for racing! Anybody got a "lock" for me. Over 3-1 please! Thanks you in advance!

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
Re: A Day Trip To Plainridge!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2024, 12:22:17 PM »
 No handle in win pool makes it tough when every race has an odds on who mostly romp thanks to the purses being too generous there. You will be the only one there that doesn't have an ownership stake in a horse or be related to a family member who does. Track itself is just fine but closers in the stretch cannot make up ground there very easily.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2024, 12:29:03 PM »
No handle in win pool makes it tough when every race has an odds on who mostly romp thanks to the purses being too generous there. You will be the only one there that doesn't have an ownership stake in a horse or be related to a family member who does. Track itself is just fine but closers in the stretch cannot make up ground there very easily.

What does the purses have to do with odds on favorites winning? 

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2024, 05:34:11 PM »
It reads like the drivers aren’t cheating because the purses are very big?

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2024, 05:35:55 PM »

And if you bet into any of these pools, you are only “stepping on your own money”!!!

moelarrythecheese

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2024, 10:47:44 PM »
Hope you had a good day.  I don't like the place.

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 09:18:58 AM »
Hope you had a good day.  I don't like the place.
   It never caught on with the public like Foxboro Raceway did. No one really liked the 4PM posts on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. We want to race when Maine doesn't to get drivers and race at those times to avoid conflict with other tracks. But there is still no handle. You cannot see the races from inside the facility. Then it can be chalk city. I mean the 2.20-2.40 type chalks. Now, if you own a horse you should try to race there but it is tough to break in.

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2024, 02:31:45 PM »

Truly incentivize winning and see what happens.  Harness racing has tried its hardest to do exactly the opposite. 

bello

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2024, 02:41:23 PM »
Truly incentivize winning and see what happens.  Harness racing has tried its hardest to do exactly the opposite.

It is a horrible place to watch races live. Worse for simulcasting. No character at all. Just an uncomfortable experience.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 05:44:02 PM »
It is a horrible place to watch races live. Worse for simulcasting. No character at all. Just an uncomfortable experience.

I thought quite the opposite for live racing. Peaceful, quiet, easier to handicap races, and a quiet apron to enjoy the live racing. As far as simulcast-adequate. I’m going to a track for live racing, not simulcasting. I can simulcast at home off the internet.

mtnskipper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2024, 06:14:40 PM »
I thought quite the opposite for live racing. Peaceful, quiet, easier to handicap races, and a quiet apron to enjoy the live racing. As far as simulcast-adequate. I’m going to a track for live racing, not simulcasting. I can simulcast at home off the internet.
  The upstairs simulcast theater isn't bad at all. The new TV's they installed are tough to navigate. Lucky if they put a teller up there but they have top of the line self serve machines. No food or anything else outside of a 3.00 coke machine unless you go over to the slot parlor annoys some. Management seems more interested in the slot parlor than racing. That is where they want the patrons to go but you cannot bet horses over there and you probably wouldn't want to.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 06:16:24 PM by mtnskipper »

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2024, 06:09:45 AM »
Will take a drive down there every few weeks. The drive is all highway. Lots of free parking with even a parking garage for easy access in bad weather. The Racing gets better every year with better horses and good drivers. The purses are excellent so you see some nice horses.  The slots are nice, the food court is not bad now that they added Wahlburgers.

I like the closeness you are to live racing.  The outside seats are nearly on the track. Definitely a place you should check out. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: What about him?
    June 13, 2024, 12:18:31 AM
  • Loserbob: Rene allard
    June 11, 2024, 08:02:07 PM
  • M P: BREAKING NEWS: Ploptwats are outwardly angry that pictures of horses they trash are posted on Plop...
    June 10, 2024, 10:11:17 PM
  • M P: Breaking News: Members of Horseplop state killing Standardbreds is perfectly fine. Stay tuned for more.
    June 10, 2024, 05:21:49 PM
  • In It Deep: Hi Liberals
    June 05, 2024, 04:40:07 PM
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal