Author Topic: Jack Rice and John MacDonald  (Read 1747 times)

Janny

• Top Claimer
Jack Rice and John MacDonald
« on: April 25, 2023, 11:12:55 AM »
Racking them up just like old times back in NY state.

EPM

• Elite
Re: Jack Rice and John MacDonald
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 11:29:52 AM »
Rice Cakes= tmbz1 tmbz1

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 01:15:17 PM »
John MacDonald, top Vernon guy.  Saw a youtbue video, he said yeh I was top driver here for many years and shrugged like big fish small pond, races in Oak Grove for Rice too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJmoVmzROE

Good article about Jack Rice (a year ago), :

https://www.drf.com/news/harness-profile-trainerdriver-jack-rice

Monty was only an hour or so away from me then, he was an awesome driver, glad to here he stuck with it, now training.  Says in the QA, he never had a fight with his wife in 20 years, who co-trains with him.  That's beautiful.  Reminded me of someone saying they ate shit and they liked, became a regular part of their diet.

He's a better man than me.   ;D

It's Official!

Janny

• Top Claimer
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023, 04:17:29 PM »
John MacDonald, top Vernon guy.  Saw a youtbue video, he said yeh I was top driver here for many years and shrugged like big fish small pond, races in Oak Grove for Rice too. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJmoVmzROE

Good article about Jack Rice (a year ago), :

https://www.drf.com/news/harness-profile-trainerdriver-jack-rice

Monty was only an hour or so away from me then, he was an awesome driver, glad to here he stuck with it, now training.  Says in the QA, he never had a fight with his wife in 20 years, who co-trains with him.  That's beautiful.  Reminded me of someone saying they ate shit and they liked, became a regular part of their diet.

He's a better man than me.   ;D

The video shows the barns in the background that back in the 70’s and after that where the trainer Don Perkins stable was. Those were the newer barns out in some years before that.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 04:50:45 PM »
The video shows the barns in the background that back in the 70’s and after that where the trainer Don Perkins stable was. Those were the newer barns out in some years before that.

Now you're really bringing back long forgotten memories.  My friend took me to visit his buddy Cedric Washington who was living in the Monticello dorms, late 80's / early 90's.  Very simple, institutional living.

The purses were so fucking low there then that top driver, Billy Parker Jr., who'd avg. win half the races a card couldn't even get a mortgage.

Same buddy, same area, he worked for Gurfein and in his beginning even though he came from money he went at it on his own, my buddy would have to steal feed at night from a neighboring stable so Gurfein's horses could eat, otherwise dead broke...years later owners like George Steinbrenner...mo re years later I'm feeding retired Hambo winner Mr. Vic an apple down here in South Florida at the farm after lunch and playing cards with the boys.  Some gorgeous Norwegian horsewomen on that farm...

Some good rags to riches stories, but many rags to rags sadly too.  tmbz1 
It's Official!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • The Thorn: The guy who doesn't make mind bets thinks he's a legend here. But it's all in his mind  ngc3 ngc3
    Today at 12:19:03 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: A dolla makes Jerry Holla
    Today at 10:25:26 AM
  • Unclejerry: HP's #1 Handcapper will be back with Mohawk Trifecta's Saturday 27
    April 26, 2024, 10:44:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Indian24 don't have a dime to place a bet, his Mother gave him a computer
    April 26, 2024, 10:31:26 PM
  • Indian24: 5 horse box in a 7 horse field wtg
    April 26, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Indian24: I'll make a bet that your a egotistical asshole
    April 26, 2024, 10:14:17 PM
  • Indian24: Already made my mind bets like you have
    April 26, 2024, 10:13:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Make a bet Indian24 your making a fool of your self
    April 26, 2024, 10:08:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal