Author Topic: NCAA March Madness > Crooked?  (Read 7682 times)

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
NCAA March Madness > Crooked?
« on: March 14, 2021, 07:47:16 PM »
is the NCAA crooked or are they stupid? - How in the world can Michigan State have a play-in game?  They beat all of the top tier BIG10 teams.  And, then, a nice little team like Cleveland vikings catch a 15 seed ?  The selectors had a tuff job this year factoring in that some teams missed lots of games on account of covid.  BUT, they allowed some perennial favorites to get in, Syracuse - for instance, and ignored teams like Louisville and even the winner of the Horizon, a usually lousy conference, but w/ a team called Wright State that has a NBA draftee guy w/ a great name, Big Lou Love. 

It would only require one extra week to allow all 335 teams, D-1, in to play.  Increase the madness by stopping the unfair guessing madness.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: NCAA March Madness > Crooked?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 07:27:04 PM »
Interesting proposal. I've heard it floated before. I'm not really a big fan of it. Most years there's only a handful or two of team's that realistically could win.
Lot of $ involved for ncaa and schools and it would be extremely naive to  think that doesnt influence decision-making.

I usually dont pick favorites but from what I've watched this year it looks like Gonzaga going to be awfully tuff to beat. They have 3 guys that'll probably play in nba - that's imposing. I'll probably bet a few early games. I like vcu plus 5 1/2 pts against Oregon.

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:16:05 PM »
Interesting proposal. I've heard it floated before. I'm not really a big fan of it. Most years there's only a handful or two of team's that realistically could win.
Lot of $ involved for ncaa and schools and it would be extremely naive to  think that doesnt influence decision-making.

I usually dont pick favorites but from what I've watched this year it looks like Gonzaga going to be awfully tuff to beat. They have 3 guys that'll probably play in nba - that's imposing. I'll probably bet a few early games. I like vcu plus 5 1/2 pts against Oregon.

the BIG10 has some real great teams, in fact : two on the 1 line.  The Zags have been #1 in the rankings all year.  BUT, doggone, that Illini team is talented w/ two real rock solid big guys.

While i see the full field of 335 D1 teams as a way to avoid the oft unfair selections.  -- I also am opposed to everyone getting in as just more of the everybody gets a trophy mentality.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 02:33:44 PM »
Well so long to the illini. Didn't anticipate the ramblers beating them but such is the cold truth of how the ncaa tourney rolls!

Lot of good bball ahead!

bestbetter

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 03:21:17 PM »
Seems they didnt deserve a spot,They did lose to ucla... ngc3  tmbz1

MagnaballGin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 07:01:41 PM »
Well so long to the illini. Didn't anticipate the ramblers beating them but such is the cold truth of how the ncaa tourney rolls!

Lot of good bball ahead!

Haven't played anything yet...still waiting on JOHN FRANK ARMY to send out his NCAA picks.  tmbz1

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 11:03:41 AM »

Lot of good bball ahead!

All of my remarks from a week ago fizzled like a Spring rain on warm asphalt.  Apparently MI State wasn't misplaced .. AND, Good Gracious, Illini believed all of the hype and the sr. Jeans' weren't havin' it.  As a matter of fact, all of a sudden, Loyola is set up to continue moving forward.

All sorts of upsets over the w/e, and maybe more comin' Monday.

My favorite Cinderella came in the wee hours on Sat. night when Abilene Christian hung around and dispatched Texas

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 03:07:09 PM »
JOHN FRANK ARMY and NCAA mens or is it boys tournament.
I've just watched. I got some thins to say.
(1) The SCORE,670 AM. Before first round started. Sayin the BIG 10 the greatest conference. ILLINOIS they preachin will win it all. How many teams in tournament history with 6 losses goin in have won it all. Maybe MICHIGAN STATE and LOUSIVILLE. Their jackass a young kid who promotes bettin for some site,I think DRAFT picked all games wrong in first 2 rounds. Then comes on and say's he scored big. He claims he adjusted his bets to a winnin style. MULLY the only individual who was rootin and prayin for LOYOLA. That because he graduated from there. Others loved OHIO STATE,PURDUE,and of course ILLINOIS.
(2) YA know,these cooooledge kids. Runnin rampant with CO-VID. I knows they young,I used to be at one point in life. Yet some teams played 30 games in season and others 22 if that. Who rested and who ain't. All thins equal and everyone playin same amount might make difference. The first 2 rounds reminds from skippin last 2 years the season openin tournaments like ALASKA. Upsets galore.
(3) Here not what me understandin watchin. When you down by 12 or more with 5 minutes to go,it time to start foulin. You don't set up shots and waste clock and let you ahead opponent run down clock. You substitute and put in bench to foul. And you foul on worst free throw shooters. It your only chance and then you bring ball up court and shoot 3"S. I do meen:IT DO OR DIE.
(4) And I'M sick of watchin the kids who fall down agonize in pain. There ain't a fuckin thin wrong with them. FAKE SHIT like FAKE NEWS.
(5) ya know I'M workin. I love WORKIN. YOU dead beat FUCS should try it sometime. Games be later. I,JOHN FRANK ARMY,will advise on who to bet.
(6) See you FRIDAY,another LENT fish eatin day. Oh I forgets,YOU JEW FUCKS don't do that. You eat that fuckin SHIT that comes in a jar every fuckin day.

MagnaballGin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2021, 06:09:48 PM »
Glad you are a-ok JOHN FRANK ARMY  tmbz1
Damn right..."screw them ROTTEN JEWS" LOL. Fish n chips tonight will be a damn good lent time dinner!
Big NCAA day tomorrow JFA, if so inclined sent some plays out $$$ tmbz1  All that, the FLORIDA DERBY plus
a solid HAWTHORNE card ngc3 73cv.2
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 06:13:56 PM by MagnaballGin »

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 01:44:05 PM »
Just got home from workin. No time yet to look at later games. Will in a bit.

LOYOLA/OREGON STATE.....Over 125
Analysis.
Both play defense and slo-tempo. But both average around 71 a game. Lookin for a game that accordin to spread should be close,which means there should be foulin at end. Expecting a range from 130-135. And there that slight chance of OT which is a plus for playin over.

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 03:10:37 PM »
I'm down on Oregon +2

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 03:15:35 PM »
Well the first game is cooked. When yo only score 15 points total in first 10 minutes. that projects to 60 total. I'd need 7 overtimes.
On to next 3 games. And I'M tired.
VILLANOVA/BAYLOR....Over 142
ORAL ROBERTS/ARKANSAS....Under 157.5
SYRACUSE/HOUSTEN....Over 141.

Not workin tomorrow. Maybe be able to give accurate assesments.

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 03:17:41 PM »
Sounds like a TEASER.

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2021, 12:10:54 PM »
No teaser. Had wrong team.
OK after that miserable debauchery yesterday. We shall proceed forward.
Record. 1-3

Today games.
Cre/gonza....Under 159.5
Florida State/Michigan....Under 143
UCLA/ALABAMA....Under 145
OREGON/USC....Over 138

JOHN FRANK

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 05:53:51 PM »
I back. Sort of questioned the UCLA/ALABAMA game with 4.2 seconds left. Thought the coach of UCLA in regulation made a bad choice by not foulin up 3 with 4.2 left. But after thinkin it out I think he made right decision. Make BAMA shoot a 3. If they drive basket and score 2 no one gonna foul. BAMA lookin to score that 3 bagger. I thought they should have pressed on takeout but they not want to foul. If you put BAMA to line and they only gonna get 2 shots and they sink first,the second is gonna be a try bounce of rim and mayhem ensues going for ball. If UCLA fouls,back at line again,with possible same shit happinin. I've changed me mind again. That coach should have fouled and not let BAMA guard go untouched to shoot 3. They WON but cost me game.

RECORD: 4-4

Todays plays:
OREGON STATE.....+8
OREGON STATE/HOUSTEN.....Over 129
ARKANSAS.....+7.5

I'm not gonna analylze these games,but I do have some shit to say. Not sure where teams played their first 2 games. Same court or they had to switch. And I know playin different opponents with different styles. But I observed some weird SHIT. Teams that could not miss sinkin shots all of sudden can't SINK. Which makes ME wonder. IT called BRADY style. Under inflated football. TEAMS that were sinkin earliar in previous games,their shots were rimmin off. It smells of MOP corruption to me. Sayin that B-BALL was a little over-inflated. Shots that hit back rim would drop in basket. With over-inflated they would rim off. I've already E-mailed NCAA with me suspicions. Which means NCAA involved with MOP and corruption. Big moola being bet.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
  • Mazola: I heard that he is somehow related to Blutarsky but I can't believe that.
    March 25, 2024, 07:31:04 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal