General Category > Sports

NCAA March Madness > Crooked?

(1/5) > >>

caddy:
is the NCAA crooked or are they stupid? - How in the world can Michigan State have a play-in game?  They beat all of the top tier BIG10 teams.  And, then, a nice little team like Cleveland vikings catch a 15 seed ?  The selectors had a tuff job this year factoring in that some teams missed lots of games on account of covid.  BUT, they allowed some perennial favorites to get in, Syracuse - for instance, and ignored teams like Louisville and even the winner of the Horizon, a usually lousy conference, but w/ a team called Wright State that has a NBA draftee guy w/ a great name, Big Lou Love. 

It would only require one extra week to allow all 335 teams, D-1, in to play.  Increase the madness by stopping the unfair guessing madness.

HornbyDuke:
Interesting proposal. I've heard it floated before. I'm not really a big fan of it. Most years there's only a handful or two of team's that realistically could win.
Lot of $ involved for ncaa and schools and it would be extremely naive to  think that doesnt influence decision-making.

I usually dont pick favorites but from what I've watched this year it looks like Gonzaga going to be awfully tuff to beat. They have 3 guys that'll probably play in nba - that's imposing. I'll probably bet a few early games. I like vcu plus 5 1/2 pts against Oregon.

caddy:

--- Quote from: HornbyDuke on March 17, 2021, 07:27:04 PM ---Interesting proposal. I've heard it floated before. I'm not really a big fan of it. Most years there's only a handful or two of team's that realistically could win.
Lot of $ involved for ncaa and schools and it would be extremely naive to  think that doesnt influence decision-making.

I usually dont pick favorites but from what I've watched this year it looks like Gonzaga going to be awfully tuff to beat. They have 3 guys that'll probably play in nba - that's imposing. I'll probably bet a few early games. I like vcu plus 5 1/2 pts against Oregon.

--- End quote ---

the BIG10 has some real great teams, in fact : two on the 1 line.  The Zags have been #1 in the rankings all year.  BUT, doggone, that Illini team is talented w/ two real rock solid big guys.

While i see the full field of 335 D1 teams as a way to avoid the oft unfair selections.  -- I also am opposed to everyone getting in as just more of the everybody gets a trophy mentality.

HornbyDuke:
Well so long to the illini. Didn't anticipate the ramblers beating them but such is the cold truth of how the ncaa tourney rolls!

Lot of good bball ahead!

bestbetter:
Seems they didnt deserve a spot,They did lose to ucla... ngc3  tmbz1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version