Author Topic: Best mare in Southern hemisphere could be US Bound  (Read 6014 times)

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
Re: Best mare in Southern hemisphere could be US Bound
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 07:49:07 PM »
The much hyped Regazzo Mach has barely made forty thou so far.   Seems like lifetime earnings have no effect on what people want to pay.
The thing no one is talking about is how bad all their horses are down there. Have you seen the white paper on the best of them , that's why they race till they're 14 , cause they're bred so poorly they can't produce . The best of them are 50 claimers, but most are 5.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 08:33:09 PM »
The much hyped Regazzo Mach has barely made forty thou so far.   Seems like lifetime earnings have no effect on what people want to pay.

If you watched his races, you would see why he is hyped. Saying a horse has to have high earnings to fit the criteria is a pretty dumb comment

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 09:53:03 PM »
If you watched his races, you would see why he is hyped. Saying a horse has to have high earnings to fit the criteria is a pretty dumb comment

tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1 tmbz1
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Harness Stats

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 10:25:28 PM »
Some of the horses we are talking about are very lightly raced.  We don't know where their bottom is.  As for Regazzo Mach I did watch his last race. He was beaten handily (although he did have a rough trip) by a bigger taller leggier Captain Treacherous colt from the Purdons. 

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2021, 03:57:08 PM »
http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Ragazzo-Mach-sold

Interesting as I wonder how the horse can go to two different trainers and different owners as this was on Twitter from a reporter. "The Giumellis say they have bought Ragazzo Mach for Mike Reed in one story and Owner Neville Cleaver says he’s sold the horse to Greg and Skye Bond in the other".

I would say the owner knows better who he sold it to.

The sale process has been drawn out with more than six buyers looking at purchasing Ragazzo Mach.

“He was vetted this morning and it’s all done as far as that’s concerned. Peter Lagan has got my bank account number so that’s the next stage.”

The buyers began phoning Cleaver before Ragazzo Mach started racing.

“It started at $150,000 which I turned down. He won impressively at Invercargill, then the offer went up to $200,000. I turned down $330,000 for him and ended up getting well north of that. After his last run at Addington Peter said the run was super and you couldn’t expect a horse to go better than that. I had a few sleepless nights. They kept putting the vetting off on me three times and they (early buyers) didn’t come up with the money, that crew. That all happened over a week so I took him off the market.”

Harness Stats

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 05:22:57 PM »
He never said who the buyer was.  He just said that the horse will remain in the care of Williamson and then go to the Bond Stable when he goes to Australia

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal