Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 364418 times)

Artsplace

• Stakes Horse
Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #900 on: September 23, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
My Jazz wins the 4th and on the way back AM is so buzzy looking around to see if anyone is looking he runs right up the back of David Miller who was hopping off his horse. This clown is a liability and danger on the track.

What a fuckin bitch you are. You are the lowest form  that exist and hopefully go extinct soon.🐀.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #901 on: September 23, 2020, 07:25:06 PM »
This goes to the real doc and golfhbm referring the 3 over 60k? As of today there is just one over that number My Jazz 117,000. Next with a second today IMALOVELYLADY 38k. Next in CDN dollars Tipsy in Dixie 32k. That's of the 49 on the books and not counting the ones that sold so far. One that sold privately Lincoln Hanover after a qualifier for a profit. 2 year old only. If anyone wants to use a base for the horses that were bought last year in Sept or first week of Oct. On the track for a year and using the bottom base charge to a owner then 31k for twelve months. That doesn't count a single extra like staking, entry fees, vet bills, then the additional of paddock fees, transportation, and so on. Let's give the ONT horses a chance to earn some money with more racing ahead next 30 days. Then a recap. I'm sure Swandre will point out I have to might time on my hands. Maybe...but 2020 looking worse then the subpar 2019 two year old crop. Which didn't pan out at 3.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #902 on: September 23, 2020, 07:58:28 PM »
horses first
you have some correct points
however if you think amac is the only one that has had a bad year do your homework
lots of owners and trainers having a bad year

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #903 on: September 23, 2020, 08:18:40 PM »
Again Brown Jug this thread is on the stable. If anyone wants to start a thread on another I would due the same due diligence. The stable is about transparency so just being transparent. You used the word bad the numbers are saying much worse then bad. 1 so far over 100k none over 50k. There is still a we bit of racing left to improve. That's on 49 current and what 10 or so sold off? Grim! It will mean 47bto 48 will be negative purchase price and a full year of expenses. To start another year of the next six months of turnout, training, and stake payments before they have a idea what they will look like at 3. The top 3yr olds from last year Globetrotting, Comprass Rose DC, Spend that Money, and I guess Harness AM all sire stake horses. Subpar

the real doctor

• Top Claimer
« Reply #904 on: September 23, 2020, 08:25:08 PM »
I will admit I could be wrong but where did I use the word zero in Caps?
 I think he bought 9 at the sale but it was his words, not mine, that there will be far less yearlings this year. Also, if you listen to his videos he is asking people to commit money upfront this year before he buys yearlings. I know for a fact that the reason he did that is that he told a friend of mine who is an investor that he cannot be on the hook for shares unsold so he needs to know how big his pot is  which will be much much smaller than in past years.
AM was asked today at Delaware how many of his 150 horses covered their training bills this year and his answer was "not many" which is probably Pig Latin for NONE!!

Sorry, you said NONE not ZERO -  think they are the same. Anyway, moving on

As to him asking for commitment - I would have to agree - who goes to a sale (especially now) and risks having all those shares unspoken for -  I would think almost all buyers go to a sale knowing what they have to spend or what's committed to and not buying and hoping to sell??   The question is, did your friend the investor come back for more this year or move on?

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #905 on: September 23, 2020, 08:41:50 PM »
Brown Jug yes Cassi Coleman probably having a worse year. Had some monsters during the qualifiers and then soon disappeared. Nick Surick and Rene Allard having worse years then anyone with possible jail time and NO chance of training again. So buy those standards it could be worse?? I'm not sure what Erv and Andy sent out this year around the country but it's possible for some reasons their two year olds maybe subpar as well.

slivercharm

• Elite
« Reply #906 on: September 23, 2020, 09:51:14 PM »
well the three or so that made over $60k must have covered?? his answer seems fair and honest -

Don’t forget acquisition costs the horses weren’t free
gonna start a syndicate betting balmoral, who wants to invest?

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #907 on: September 23, 2020, 11:19:47 PM »
I guess I continue to fail to see the problem here.

It's patently obvious these most of these horses do not make anyone any money. In fact, only a few do. My Jazz looks to be one; the other filly that was 2nd today seems to be holding her own; he has a couple other ones that have won some Grassroots in Ontario, looks like the Delaware filly is going to be ok in her division.

Look, I'm speaking from someone who has 1 or 2 that we would love to see make some money, but just love being in the game. I don't understand the vitriol here. We are in the business hoping to make some money but not relying on it because it's something that we like to follow and love having a little skin in the game. I highly doubt, and sincerely hope, no one buying into TheStable.ca are putting their last damn dollar on this. Do you see anyone else in the industry stepping up to encourage other ownership?  Sure, I could contact the Takters or the Svanstedts and see how I could get into the business but I better have about $500K of disposable income to do so. What is the harm in letting the average person own a piece of a racehorse a) that isn't bankrupting them and b) is entertaining as shit no matter what happens, a problem?

Let me also state I have never had a horse with the Stable, but my family's been in the business for 40+ years as a hobby owner.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #908 on: September 24, 2020, 01:57:58 PM »
I guess I continue to fail to see the problem here.

It's patently obvious these most of these horses do not make anyone any money. In fact, only a few do. My Jazz looks to be one; the other filly that was 2nd today seems to be holding her own; he has a couple other ones that have won some Grassroots in Ontario, looks like the Delaware filly is going to be ok in her division.

Look, I'm speaking from someone who has 1 or 2 that we would love to see make some money, but just love being in the game. I don't understand the vitriol here. We are in the business hoping to make some money but not relying on it because it's something that we like to follow and love having a little skin in the game. I highly doubt, and sincerely hope, no one buying into TheStable.ca are putting their last damn dollar on this. Do you see anyone else in the industry stepping up to encourage other ownership?  Sure, I could contact the Takters or the Svanstedts and see how I could get into the business but I better have about $500K of disposable income to do so. What is the harm in letting the average person own a piece of a racehorse a) that isn't bankrupting them and b) is entertaining as shit no matter what happens, a problem?

Let me also state I have never had a horse with the Stable, but my family's been in the business for 40+ years as a hobby owner.
Good post.

You won't get any cogent response from these people who - for 55 of 73 pages of this thread - have done the following:

1.  Counted other peoples money
2.  Denigrated MacDonald
3.  Attacked people, including me, who disagreed with their venomous posts
4.  Shut the Fuck Up like cowards when Calhoun's filly started winning.
5.  Went back to attacking MacDonald and counting Calhoun's money.

These people are flat out jealous that fans can get a piece of a horse for a modest cost and enjoy that experience without the massive EV Loss they endure.

It's not dissimilar from the hatred they have for the big winning stables.  They can't compete but wont admit it and call every successful person a cheat.

Fuck 'em.

No less than 4,500 people own a share of Authentic, the Kentucky Derby winner.

Any argument that claims that is anything but good for the sport is fucking retarded so you won't hear a word. So fucking what if the share percentage is minuscule and the valuation is ridiculous.  It's the experience being sold, not the microscopic chance at making big money.

Lyin' Cryin' Jim and his barbarian horde of attack dogs claim you must have "serious skin in the game" to have a valid opinion.

Fuck them.

After MacDonald's first year, 76 out of 78 came back for more in year 2.

His only problem is his horses are slow and he's just not very good. Big fucking deal.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #909 on: September 24, 2020, 02:03:08 PM »
LOTS OF ADVERSTING BY THE  STABLE ON ,JUG TELECAST TODAY

INVEST NOTHIN WIN BIG

TRUSTWORTHY ..

NO SURPRISES ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

HES GOOD HES VERY GOOD  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #910 on: September 24, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »

INVEST NOTHIN WIN BIG

TRUSTWORTHY ..

Is the advertising free?

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #911 on: September 24, 2020, 02:37:21 PM »

INVEST NOTHIN WIN BIG

TRUSTWORTHY ..

It's $26/month + ~$8/month forshipping/incidentals.

or, about $1.12 a day. 

tmbz1 tmbz1

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #912 on: September 24, 2020, 02:43:46 PM »
Poon or Mr 1/2% woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning  ngc3. A little piss and vinegar in hi s step or touched a angry trigger? Nobody has or at least I haven't condemned the theory of the stable. On many occasions am a fan of it. But there are faults and that is what the thread is about minus the Purple dude early on...has he been banned by the way? Poon you could have cheered on my stable horse who was second yesterday? People like to go on a ride just don't want to be taken for a ride and I believe that has been the discussion and the past 2 years of bad horses purchased and continued kept...where is the entertainment value in that? AM will preach the entertainment but also knows the stable has to perform at some point because once the value angle is played out and stale there is nothing left. Maybe there shows over 800 clients but shares of 20 horses in May/June go unsold for 8-10 months that doesn't bode well. It's been a adult conversation between posters until a guy like you pops in and goes off with the vile language and garbage you spread on the plop site.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #913 on: September 24, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
I loved the plug they gave AMac after the 5th at Delaware today. Last line was go to “Mystable.ca”

Kirby's Ace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #914 on: September 24, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »
It's $26/month + ~$8/month forshipping/incidentals.

or, about $1.12 a day. 

tmbz1 tmbz1

I wished it was that cheap..Your not including the HST fee added per month and that amount varies per horse.

$20 to $100 and maybe more per 1 percent.

It cost me around 100 dollars per month for 1 percent. But still cheap to be in the game!
In the words of SCM,,I GOTTA EAT!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal