SeattleSlew and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
While we will never know how the race would have gone had Apex not gone for a stroll, Nix Nacken at 17-1 from the rail was a huge overlay given his last race and overall form for the year.Yeah those odds were stunning given his recent form. Apex likely tired. Going up to Canada probably wasnt the best choice with the Futurity moved up one week. Dont think he has ever made a break so hopefully he is ok and can race in the BCThe Ake horse coming out of nowhere to finish 2nd shows that its a long year and you can earn a good chunk of cash by seasons end
I think it was stupid to have the Futurity on the first weekend of the meet. I don't know about most people, I looked forward to the full 2 weeks, with the Futurity the crown jewel at the end. I think it cheapened the meet. They keep changing the the dates of important races. I think the Hambo was always the first Sat in Aug. Now we have to change it for Jeff's race