HORSEPLOP.COM
General Category => Harness Racing => Topic started by: captaintreacherous on October 06, 2026, 09:16:13 PM
-
The inside players are placing some heavy coin on
(2) 2027 Stallions
Canada. Captains Quarters
US Nijinsky
Cattlewash and Bulldog getting alot of mares as well...
obviously
any opinions?
My friend has a few good mares and already bred to
Bulldog and cattlewash last year...
NIjinsky or CQ ?
-
$600 ngc3
(https://img.equinenow.com/slir/w600/stallions/data/photos/1540650/1790803187/gypsy-vanner-stallion.jpg)
-
captains quarters well worth a shot
-
CQ's is an interesting prospect. I followed him closely for a while because I knew Herbie from when he was back in NJ. In the end, no, I don't think he'll be a top stallion, but he will absolutely appeal to a lot of non-commercial breeders. Being by Captaintreacherou s gives him an immediate advantage for non-commercial breeders, and so does his stud fee, LOL. He's got the ingredients people look for-----very good confirmation (he was a $235k yearling-----and he was a good looking colt!), early freshman speed, some nice notches on his belt, and so on. I remember as a 2yo, he never finished off the board in 5 or 6 starts. Winning the Metro was big obviously. As a 3yo, he showed up to a lot of major dances, raced about a dozen times and probably hit the board in half of them-----highlighted by winning his elim of the NA Cup and being 2nd in the final, and then winning a heat of the Jug. He earned less than $500k as a 3yo, because I remember he earned more than $500k as a 2yo, and finished with just under $1m in lifetime earnings. I think they made the best move setting his stud fee at $5k. It makes him attractive to non-commercial breeders, and obviously, it all comes down to the mares he gets and how the foals do.
-
Herbert Holland's head goes right into his shoulders, no neck...interestin g ngc3
(https://external-mia3-3.xx.fbcdn.net/emg1/v/t13/705166034444537963?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Fk-0YmNyv8kA%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg%3Fsqp%3D-oaymwEmCIAKENAF8quKqQMa8AEB-AH-CYAC0AWKAgwIABABGGUgYihRMA8%3D%26rs%3DAOn4CLADlA2MDySU8WXZOYwWSddc25888w&fb_obo=1&utld=ytimg.com&_nc_sid=c97757&_nc_ht=external-mia3-3.xx.fbcdn.net&stp=c0.5000x0.5000f_dst-jpg_flffffff_p500x261_q75_tt6&ccb=18-1&_nc_gid=MkqZiSGa-FSytxwowt1Rfg&_nc_zt=3&oh=06_Q3_EAWoIOOKqul-F7-wL-Rj5JUwSEqGdhmDBG3eRysz-8HmR&oe=6AC796E3)