General Category > Nostalgia

Orangeville Raceway

<< < (2/3) > >>

pylon:

--- Quote from: Iceman on February 22, 2020, 04:20:28 PM ---He sure had soft hands and a good racing mind but again booze took it's toll. Another driver was Don McElroy great hands and could give a horse a perfect trip and again booze and drugs. Donny was in detox so many times and then a few years ago it looked like he had it beat and Bob McIntosh was giving him a lot of his babies to drive and Donny was winning but again he fell off the wagon. Shoulda, woulda coulda then fall on their face like many.

--- End quote ---

Donny , too. drove quite a few for us in the early2000,s, not sure about his booze problem, but I do recall smashing up his wrist in a driving accident and was never the same after that...….funny you should mention McIntosh because Don picked off our filly in a Grassroots final in Windsor to drive a McIntosh...he won with her, we recruited Trevor Ritchie and he finished 2nd with our filly

Jazzman:
sunday perfered pace popular benny mikes dominion del herbert jimmy bing

Manny:
If memory is right, they had a good gathering on Sundays strictly for their buffett?  Never had it as I was too young.  If anyone can rate how their food was, that would be great.  Happy Sunday all.

pylon:

--- Quote from: Iceman on March 29, 2020, 09:09:55 PM ---Meat pies with gravy, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies on main floor. Sure they had burgers, fries and hot dogs but the meat pies were real good.

--- End quote ---

hey Ice..i hope your diet has improved over the years...lol...

pylon:
or have a steak at the Tulip...since closed as of a few months ago...….or crash back some beer at Old Orchard Park Tavern

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version