Author Topic: The Superfecta Trial Book by Fred Hudson  (Read 1503 times)

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
The Superfecta Trial Book by Fred Hudson
« on: December 29, 2023, 12:59:12 AM »
My wife bought this book for me recently. As an avid reader and long time harness fan I looked forward to reading it. If you do not know the story most of the biggest names in the NY racing were accused of fixing many Superfecta races at Roosevelt and Yonkers. Drivers and people that were supposed to be associated with these drivers were all indicted and forced to hire expensive lawyers to defend themselves. It was big news in the early 1970s. Unfortunately the book was poorly written and extremely monotonous. Event after event were constantly repeated ad nauseum. The entire story could have been told in 10 pages or less. It would be as just informative to look up the story on the Internet. For ploppers that enjoy book reading I cannot endorse this new book.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
Re: The Superfecta Trial Book by Fred Hudson
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2023, 04:25:16 AM »
My wife bought this book for me recently. As an avid reader and long time harness fan I looked forward to reading it. If you do not know the story most of the biggest names in the NY racing were accused of fixing many Superfecta races at Roosevelt and Yonkers. Drivers and people that were supposed to be associated with these drivers were all indicted and forced to hire expensive lawyers to defend themselves. It was big news in the early 1970s. Unfortunately the book was poorly written and extremely monotonous. Event after event were constantly repeated ad nauseum. The entire story could have been told in 10 pages or less. It would be as just informative to look up the story on the Internet. For ploppers that enjoy book reading I cannot endorse this new book.

Couldn't have said it better.  B---o---r---i--n--g and also left out some of the "meatier" backstories (like things that took place at the Island Inn etc.)

kantseeback

• Elite
  • I'm voting for honest Joe and Mrs Canker Cackles
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2023, 04:33:28 AM »
I know some drivers got nabbed back in the 90's in a race at YR. One of the drivers was Herve driving Suzy Stonyford.

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2023, 06:39:01 AM »
Couldn't have said it better.  B---o---r---i--n--g and also left out some of the "meatier" backstories (like things that took place at the Island Inn etc.)

BG

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2023, 02:46:57 PM »
BG

RIP... didn't want to ID him.. but.. YES

kooter for hipin

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 10:58:14 PM »

John Peel Room!
Gam Wah

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 03:23:38 AM »
John Peel Room!
Gam Wah

Skeeter Brooke

Legal Freight

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 08:58:25 AM »

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    Today at 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Aint that the truth
    May 21, 2024, 09:29:01 PM
  • The Thorn: Got to watch out for those strays. They want to move in and take you over
    May 21, 2024, 07:38:01 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: especially a stray cat
    May 21, 2024, 07:07:22 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Good Pu$$Y Cat is hard to forget.
    May 21, 2024, 05:27:22 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal