General Category > Harness Racing

Losing the whip.

(1/3) > >>

Jctoronto:
Yesterday's Ky. Derby, a whip went flying just before 1/16th pole in the battle for second between Forever Young and Sierra Leone. Alot of rough housing and grabbing.

Harness-wise...Would losing a whip somewhere along the mile journey have serious consequences to get home safely?(or is it wrapped so tightly around wrist u cant lose it.). Trying to remember last time a harness driver lost whip in-race. Does it happen more often than we think?

ferdinand the bull:
Rideau Carleton had a whiplash night 8 horses took new marks

Kirby's Ace:
I'd like to know why they can't card a race or two each night with no whips allowed and see how the public responds in wagering each one. And be fair and not make it nw's ham sandwich either! Or give the trainer a say if they want or not for the driver to carry a whip in the race at entry and note it in the program. What would it hurt to try?

11.wp

Stan durbread:
The bettors on here already cry every time a driver gets beat. Can imagine how much they would cry the race was set up if stuttered not whipping and slashing

diggin up dirt:
back when i was involved in racing,i lost the whip at the top of the stretch on the front end.luckily the horse was tons the best and still one by open lengths.i can remember the phone call after the race from a drunk chris oakes giving me shit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version