Author Topic: I Guess I Need To Educate Some People  (Read 3755 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: I Guess I Need To Educate Some People
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2023, 12:22:45 AM »
One thing I always did that I'll share is - I always jugged a horse the day after every race -- and occasionally before a race.
Sodium iodide? Million ways to skin a cat. I never jugged a horse in my life. Groomed many that got a jug, but I wasn't in charge then.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2023, 12:54:03 AM »
I picked it up working for a guy that grew up in Elmont, so he spent a lot of time at Belmont Park -- his father owned a couple of TB. TB trainers were, I don't know if they still are, big on jugging horses -- pre and post race, electrolytes, vitamins, and yes sodium iodine. Just a quick way of replenishing whatever a horse might have lost racing and/or training. On another note I always fed my horses a little calf manna -- really brought out the shine in their coats. Then once at Hollywood Park a handful of trainers (me included) got a $200 positive for something (I can't remember what it was) that was in the calf manna. It took us about a week to figure out we were all using calf manna and that's where the (substance) positive came from. Needless to say we stopped with the calf manna.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2023, 06:44:37 AM »
Never heard of it before or since  but the trainer I started out with would put an egg on their feed once a day.  Talk about shiny coats !!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2023, 07:58:57 AM »
I picked it up working for a guy that grew up in Elmont, so he spent a lot of time at Belmont Park -- his father owned a couple of TB. TB trainers were, I don't know if they still are, big on jugging horses -- pre and post race, electrolytes, vitamins, and yes sodium iodine. Just a quick way of replenishing whatever a horse might have lost racing and/or training. On another note I always fed my horses a little calf manna -- really brought out the shine in their coats. Then once at Hollywood Park a handful of trainers (me included) got a $200 positive for something (I can't remember what it was) that was in the calf manna. It took us about a week to figure out we were all using calf manna and that's where the (substance) positive came from. Needless to say we stopped with the calf manna.
Big believer in calf manna. Haven't thought about it in years. Never heard of a positive from it. In teresting.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal