General Category > Thoroughbred Racing

Saratoga

(1/2) > >>

Pumpkinpie:
I wonder if they will take a hard long look over the past meet.  A lot of horses were carried off.  Feel bad for Coach Parcells.  What is your take now that the meet is over?

Generation XYZ:
As I said in other threads. I think 2023 was an awful meet. Although you can't predict weather. You can prepare the track for in climate weather.  Unfortunately I think the track surface was absurd this year and the amount of turf races that had to go off on dirt was a big factor in the large number of injuries and scratched this year.

luker2453:
Or maybe you mean "inclement weather"?  Def., unpleasant, cold and or stormy, I think that is where you might have been heading.

Jackie Mo:
they scheduled 410 grass races and only ran 140

they raced on grass on a day they shouldnt have and chopped up the course, forcing no grass for 12 days

they had a power failure cancelling one race

they switched from grass to sloppy track when the jockeys had to call the stewards-causing the late pick 4 and pick 5 to be considered "all" races one day

one day it rained so much they cancelled the last four races

they had two catastrophic breakdowns on national TV on their two biggest days as New York Thunder and Maple Leaf Mel were clear winners home free-one on Whitney Day the other on Travers Day

handle was down somewhere near 9%

luker2453:
Sucks to be Saratoga.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version