General Category > Harness Racing

Who was your first horse ?

(1/11) > >>

LUCPARK:
Post’m up
 tmbz1

Illegal Larry:
My first whore was a neighborhood tramp named Betsey. She slept around alot but dang was she good when I bought her a rok of crack one night. Blowing and sliding for 3 hours. Great whore

rainman2:
Actually 20 years ago today 4-23-2004, I convinced my girlfriend to claim our first horse Allamerican Fancy [Big Towner-Fancy Nancy-Nihilator] at Pompano Park.  Claiming price was $4800 + 6% sales tax and title USTA of $ 33 = $5121.  I will never forget the experience walking through the catwalk up to the judge's office to drop in the claim.  After dropping the claim, back down the catwalk and the 6th floor.  Before heading down the elevator, I walked into the restroom with dry heaves trying to puke to no avail.  A great experience and still stayed in the business 20 years later. 

Meadow Ford:
Hanging in my office are many pictures.
Two are from the early 1950's.
One is a picture of me sitting on my pony (Pinto).
The other is me sitting on a jog cart and driving my pony.
In the back ground is a horse barn, a dairy barn, and acres of corn.

TimTimTimbo:
My first horse was 2 time NZ trotter of the year. I leased the horse who had 2 bad legs and was neglected and left to rot in a paddock. I knew it was a project to get him healthy.

It took 3 years to get him to the races. He won his 1st race as a 6yo and won 23 more. I bet $500 to win on him when he faced the best for the 1st time and he went off at 7.85 to 1 and beat NZ's best trotter at the time. I used that 4,500 and purchased him as the lease was 4,000 with a right of purchase.

Only horse in NZ to go faster than the pacers record for 2600 meters at the time.  Broke the trotter's record by 4 seconds and the pacers record by 1/5th of a second.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version