Author Topic: Mohawk Monday  (Read 2201 times)

Mrpick5

• NW-1
Re: Mohawk Monday
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2024, 12:02:40 AM »
What did the judges say to baldy? Aka double J? Go the half in 57 instead of 58? He’s only trying to win more than his usual 1 race per week. It’s definitely a good ol boys club. Borth proved that correct in the same race. The horse leaves the gate for 20 starts in a row. And he rips the horses face off to tuck 4 hole in a joke of an opening 1/4. The judges are either betting on every race. Or just don’t care to do the job they were sworn to do. That’s why give them a 6 month vacation with no 5% checks and see how they drive. And I totally disagree with the person who stated Jody can still drive. He is horrible. Somehow he got lucky and won 5 races Monday night. A pet monkey could have driven the winner of the slow open trot. If he was such a good driver he wouldn’t have lost the drive on Bulldog Hanover.

Mrpick5

• NW-1
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2024, 12:09:22 AM »
Race 2 – Judges spoke to Jody Jamieson (#5 Logan Park) regarding the second quarter
(:28, :58.2) – no violation of AGCO Rule 22.05.01(k).
what did they talk to him about? His favorite hockey team? His waistline? His dead hands that have a very difficult time communicating with driving bits? His latest haircut? Stephanie’s boobs?

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2024, 10:58:28 AM »
What did the judges say to baldy? Aka double J? Go the half in 57 instead of 58? He’s only trying to win more than his usual 1 race per week. It’s definitely a good ol boys club. Borth proved that correct in the same race. The horse leaves the gate for 20 starts in a row. And he rips the horses face off to tuck 4 hole in a joke of an opening 1/4. The judges are either betting on every race. Or just don’t care to do the job they were sworn to do. That’s why give them a 6 month vacation with no 5% checks and see how they drive. And I totally disagree with the person who stated Jody can still drive. He is horrible. Somehow he got lucky and won 5 races Monday night. A pet monkey could have driven the winner of the slow open trot. If he was such a good driver he wouldn’t have lost the drive on Bulldog Hanover.

The judges should have asked Borth why he didnt try with Amigo Volo-not the winner who got away with walking the dog on the front end

in my humble -Jody can still turn in some excellent drives-but only when he wants to-and that is the guessing game id rather not play--hard to predict when he will give a real effort

Ramone

• Top Claimer
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2024, 11:48:17 AM »
The judges should have asked Borth why he didnt try with Amigo Volo

I suppose he wanted to keep the drive. Someone needed to take on Logan Park but no driver with sense wanted to be that someone.

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 12:34:05 PM »
I suppose he wanted to keep the drive. Someone needed to take on Logan Park but no driver with sense wanted to be that someone.

Amigo Volo--who has been blasting the gate-could have easily sat a pocket trip

agree no one was going to attack Logan Park first over-but Borth's effort was questionable

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2024, 06:58:42 PM »
Amigo Volo--who has been blasting the gate-could have easily sat a pocket trip

agree no one was going to attack Logan Park first over-but Borth's effort was questionable
Exotics pay outs are way better with Borth 4th

Indian24

• NW-1
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2024, 01:28:56 PM »
I Agree Jody isn't what he once was, but you haven't been following Woodbine or Mohawk to say he can't drive when given the horse power. This dude was leading driver many years in a row at Woodbine and Mohawk at the time.  He lost the drive to Dexter Dunn now cmon now we're talking about one of the best in the world no shame in that. Jody was a cokehead in his younger days which lead to him being fearless and being very aggressive which lead to him being leading driver in Canada in his heyday. Now he doesn't abuse horses he rides the rail most nights and if he has the best he will win.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 01:30:37 PM by Indian24 »

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2024, 09:33:13 PM »
I Agree Jody isn't what he once was, but you haven't been following Woodbine or Mohawk to say he can't drive when given the horse power. This dude was leading driver many years in a row at Woodbine and Mohawk at the time.  He lost the drive to Dexter Dunn now cmon now we're talking about one of the best in the world no shame in that. Jody was a cokehead in his younger days which lead to him being fearless and being very aggressive which lead to him being leading driver in Canada in his heyday. Now he doesn't abuse horses he rides the rail most nights and if he has the best he will win.
The substance abuse was common amongst most top drivers in their hay day Case, Ouellette,  Sears

Papillon

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2024, 09:37:21 PM »
The substance abuse was common amongst most top drivers in their hay day Case, Ouellette,  Sears

Moiseyev for sure

Randy Waples also

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Laag: ruthless
    Today at 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    Today at 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal