General Category > Political Roundtable

Biden trying to salvage something

<< < (3/3)

Gaagoots:

--- Quote from: toothman on February 22, 2024, 09:09:03 PM ---I'm sorry i just don't type that we, but heres an article from the TEXAS TRIBUNE that reviews the "Secure the border " bill of 2023.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/05/11/congress-texas-republicans-border-bill/

--- End quote ---
tmbz1

Oliver Clozoff:
I like the 3 in the 4th

wizardofoz:
Speaker Johnson released a statement Thursday on reports Biden is mulling executive action to toughen up asylum rules and other point-of-entry policies. This, after the president insisted he needed Congress to give him authority to act. “Now, in an election year, after the president has surrendered the border to cartels and smugglers … the President suddenly seems interested in trying to make a change using the legal authority that he claimed until recently didn’t exist,” Johnson said.

theokodjak26:

--- Quote from: wizardofoz on February 22, 2024, 11:43:10 PM ---Speaker Johnson released a statement Thursday on reports Biden is mulling executive action to toughen up asylum rules and other point-of-entry policies. This, after the president insisted he needed Congress to give him authority to act. “Now, in an election year, after the president has surrendered the border to cartels and smugglers … the President suddenly seems interested in trying to make a change using the legal authority that he claimed until recently didn’t exist,” Johnson said.

--- End quote ---
Does it really matter at this point if Trump or Biden are assholes and keep changing their positions on the southern boarder? All I care about is closing this damn boarder down to end the thousands of criminals, drug addicts, out of work smelly people coming into our country littering our cities with homeless everywhere. Can’t anyone in our pathetic Congress get past all their daily BS and just stop the insanity?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version