Author Topic: Judge Haskell added at the Meadowlands, and he means business!  (Read 6033 times)

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
“When you have inconsistencies that’s when you run into problems,” Hennessey said. “Why me and not him? But that’s not going to be brought up because it’s going to be everybody."
“I think you’re going to see it’s going to be alright because the guys at The Meadowlands have got to know and they will know that they’re not dealing with a rookie here. He’s somebody who has been there and done that. It’s not like you’re listening to him and you’re saying ‘Well,what would he know? "Well, he does know.”
For Haskell, fairness and consistency is everything when it comes to enforcing rules.
“They have to be upheld without prejudice for the guy who has one horse or one drive or the guy that drives 5,000 horses or the guy that wins eight races a year or the guy that wins 800 races a year,” Haskell said. “They know who I am, I know who they are. I’m not out to hurt them. I’m not out to hurt anybody. Everybody will be treated exactly the same, regardless of your name, experience or trophies. Everybody has to be treated equally. It’s so very important.”  The four rules that Haskell will be focused on, broken down to their most basic points, are:
1 — Courtesy Tucks                                                                                                                                         2 — Half in, Half out
3 — Coming off the rail just out of the far turn to let horses go up the inside
4 — Drivers leaning too far back in the bike down the backstretch
In races involving 2-year-olds there will be more latitude used when enforcing the “courtesy tuck” rule, however unlike in previous years, the rules will be enforced in stakes races.
The penalties have also gotten stricter.
“The first punishment will be a warning and then the second punishment will be the next weekend off,” Haskell said. “And then we’ll see how it goes. The third part is you’re out, so they’re serious about this."
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:23:46 PM by wizardofoz »

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
Re: Judge Haskell added at the Meadowlands, and he means business!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 12:37:05 PM »
It just keeps getting better at the Meadowlands

Open bridle

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 12:37:56 PM »
Good. I wish this would apply to ALL tracks.

Third Over

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 01:16:27 PM »
Let the parked out, boxed in and paddock fist fight games begin.. I gotta over/under of 2  weekend fisticuffs.!! The boys are gunna start hating n despising.

MCR

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 02:07:59 PM »
Meadowlands is lucky Yonkers doesn't race Saturdays they would probably loose a few guys

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 03:52:56 PM »
I love it….  Those guys leaning straight back gives the front runners another 2 to 3 ft advantage.  Giving holes has always been a problem.  Friends get a tuck a guy not in the click goes a mile and a half. 
This would not be necessary if the PJ did his job in the first place and fine the guy who gave the tuck, who leans way back and such..   
just too bad a track has to enforce rules a PJ should.  Maybe in the long run it will be good as the disciplinary action is in place and there will be no appeals.   

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 05:03:11 PM »
How about stop "herding" or putting a wheel under another horse as it carries more momentum but has to grab hold to avoid stepping on the wheel.

Happens over and over and over.

MR BRIONI

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 06:57:07 PM »
Meadowlands is lucky Yonkers doesn't race Saturdays they would probably loose a few guys
COULDNT AGREE MORE, PLACE HAS AVERAGE CARDS AND HANDLE IS GREAT, WHY ARE
THEY BRINGING THIS GUY IN. DRIVERS WILL BE LEAVING.......... ......

PucksnHorses

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2023, 07:00:18 PM »
Half in & Half out is probably the biggest problem at the Meadowlands right now. Gingras does this in almost every race. Drifting out at the top of the lane is the 2nd biggest problem.

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2023, 12:10:00 AM »
I have 2 issues that are never addressed.
Guys pull and don't advance. They sit outside and wait for cover and this just kills any chance of an outer flow. My other issue are guys that sit behind a gapper and don't pull. Unless they bet on the leader why would anybody ever just sit under those circumstances. Many do and it's not good for the bettors blood pressure.

Horsepower

• 4 claimer
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2023, 06:42:32 AM »
Are we talking about Lou Haskell that was at Plainridge then went to Florida? If yes, be very careful because he will fight to be right even when he is wrong. Only looks to promote himself. He will act like he is your friend so the knife he sticks in your back won't hurt at first. Very bad news for the Meadowlands. Don't trust a word he says. Stay away.

FirstUpFrom8Hole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2023, 08:51:00 AM »
I have 2 issues that are never addressed.
Guys pull and don't advance. They sit outside and wait for cover and this just kills any chance of an outer flow. My other issue are guys that sit behind a gapper and don't pull. Unless they bet on the leader why would anybody ever just sit under those circumstances. Many do and it's not good for the bettors blood pressure.

I agree. Another thing that's irriitating is when you're driving the horse that's behind the gapper and you see a football field space in front of you but you cant get there because your horse won't race off a helmet until he gets in the stretch.  You poke him out into the air and he just goes backwards. Either way it makes the driver look like an idiot

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2023, 09:16:44 AM »
Half in & Half out is probably the biggest problem at the Meadowlands right now. Gingras does this in almost every race. Drifting out at the top of the lane is the 2nd biggest problem.
I hate when Gringras goes half out & stops the momentum of the flow & then goes back in. He has been doing this for years & getting away with it.

hot2trot

• Top Claimer
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2023, 08:09:40 PM »
the lean back thing is gonna be a shit show

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2023, 08:18:54 PM »
It's all meaningless. You can never prove one thing on his hit list. Pure theater.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal