Author Topic: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton  (Read 1056 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2809
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #15 on: Today at 05:11:14 PM »
I didn't think so. I just find it interesting to compare Moore with the two of them.

The only people who would compare them are using theatrics to knock/criticize Moore. It's background noise. Moore is an excellent horseman. He will probably be on the first year eligible HOF nomination, both in Canada and the US.

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #16 on: Today at 05:33:53 PM »
The only people who would compare them are using theatrics to knock/criticize Moore. It's background noise. Moore is an excellent horseman. He will probably be on the first year eligible HOF nomination, both in Canada and the US.

Can you prove he is clean?

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 13097
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:37:16 PM »
Can you prove he is clean?
You prove people are guilty, not clean  ngc3

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:39:44 PM »
You prove people are guilty, not clean  ngc3

Circumstantial evidence

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 13097
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #19 on: Today at 05:41:12 PM »
Circumstantial evidence

You're guilty of a lot and none of it is good  ngc3

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2809
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #20 on: Today at 05:44:52 PM »
Nope. Don't have to. You prove people are guilty-----not innocent. I've been in this business for the better part of forty years. Doesn't mean a thing. But, from being in this business, I know that it is widely accepted, amongst people in the business and his peers, that Moore is an excellent horseman. Ask them if he's also a vet, and they will say yes, but without the raised eyebrow, scrutiny, inference, etc. If him being a vet makes him a cheater, I have one question. Are you saying he has access to "stuff" no other vet does?

People will yell and scream about Moore-----and others-----being dirty, being a drug trainer, using something illegal, and so on. They knock. I even see the haters take a minor infraction, a misdemeanor, and they make it into a major felony and they make the person out to be 100% dirty. Full blown cheater. They have to, it suits their argument and feeds their hate, jealousy, whatever. Good for them. But as soon as someone else comes up positive, and it happens to be a person they like or support-----here comes the denial, deflection, rationalization, and so on. Very transparent to me. I am not arguing. Nothing more than MHO that he's an excellent horseman. And countless people actually in the industry agree. Doesn't mean that's right though. There's not always a right and wrong.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:12:04 PM by Grandstand Handicapper »

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16544
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #21 on: Today at 05:52:00 PM »
Circumstantial evidence
Quincy, MD

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2809
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #22 on: Today at 06:01:05 PM »
Quincy, MD

 tmbz1

Good show! Klugman was a a big racetrack fan!

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:20:26 PM »
Nope. Don't have to. You prove people are guilty-----not innocent. I've been in this business for the better part of forty years. Doesn't mean a thing. But, from being in this business, I know that it is widely accepted, amongst people in the business and his peers, that Moore is an excellent horseman. Ask them if he's also a vet, and they will say yes, but without the raised eyebrow, scrutiny, inference, etc. If him being a vet makes him a cheater, I have one question. Are you saying he has access to "stuff" no other vet does?

People will yell and scream about Moore-----and others-----being dirty, being a drug trainer, using something illegal, and so on. They knock. I even see the haters take a minor infraction, a misdemeanor, and they make it into a major felony and they make the person out to be 100% dirty. Full blown cheater. They have to, it suits their argument and feeds their hate, jealousy, whatever. Good for them. But as soon as someone else comes up positive, and it happens to be a person they like or support-----here comes the denial, deflection, rationalization, and so on. Very transparent to me. I am not arguing. Nothing more than MHO that he's an excellent horseman. And countless people actually in the industry agree. Doesn't mean that's right though. There's not always a right and wrong.

Copout answer. He once had to scratch from the Jug from breaking the rules...

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #24 on: Today at 06:22:31 PM »
Nope. Don't have to. You prove people are guilty-----not innocent. I've been in this business for the better part of forty years. Doesn't mean a thing. But, from being in this business, I know that it is widely accepted, amongst people in the business and his peers, that Moore is an excellent horseman. Ask them if he's also a vet, and they will say yes, but without the raised eyebrow, scrutiny, inference, etc. If him being a vet makes him a cheater, I have one question. Are you saying he has access to "stuff" no other vet does?

People will yell and scream about Moore-----and others-----being dirty, being a drug trainer, using something illegal, and so on. They knock. I even see the haters take a minor infraction, a misdemeanor, and they make it into a major felony and they make the person out to be 100% dirty. Full blown cheater. They have to, it suits their argument and feeds their hate, jealousy, whatever. Good for them. But as soon as someone else comes up positive, and it happens to be a person they like or support-----here comes the denial, deflection, rationalization, and so on. Very transparent to me. I am not arguing. Nothing more than MHO that he's an excellent horseman. And countless people actually in the industry agree. Doesn't mean that's right though. There's not always a right and wrong.

I guess you will tells Dan Noble is clean and should not have been banned from Scioto.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2809
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:32:26 PM »
I guess you will tells Dan Noble is clean and should not have been banned from Scioto.

Nope, not at all. No absolutes. Do the search here and you'll see my comments and what I thought should be done with him. I think Noble should have been banned and fully investigated, which extremely rarely happens. What Noble did on that one particular day falls under conduct detrimental to the sport/industry IMO. So, now, is someone going to compare Moore and Noble? Moore's accomplishments and entire body of work are far different than Noble's several extreme and egregious performances. An apple and the planet earth. Both round.

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1133
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #26 on: Today at 06:35:52 PM »
Nope, not at all. No absolutes. Do the search here and you'll see my comments and what I thought should be done with him. I think Noble should have been banned and fully investigated, which extremely rarely happens. What Noble did on that one particular day falls under conduct detrimental to the sport/industry IMO. So, now, is someone going to compare Moore and Noble? Moore's accomplishments and entire body of work are far different than Noble's several extreme and egregious performances. An apple and the planet earth. Both round.

As Dr. "He's a vet" Moore should be.

He has fewer horses than many other top trainers yet he hits the jackpot every year in a sport where hitting the jackpot is not common.

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 386
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #27 on: Today at 07:00:59 PM »
not a good horseman at all.....


He is the best.....far more intelligent than any

standardbred trainer in NA.

How he strikes lightning every year is amazing to me.

If he had 80-100  Top yearlings he might have a shot

of coming up with one...

but from 6 or 8 the last 2 seasons to come out with

2 grand slams......19 wins in 19 starts is virtually

impossible in my opinion.

To me it is hard to believe....

I have no ideas....no answers...

I guess he is the greatest ever....

2 2 year old champs in back to back years..


undefeated....Met ro winners....19 starts.  19 wins...


Great conditioning programs...great nutrition...

great yearling selection....grea t everything...

whats next year  .....another Top from 6 or 7 selections

vs the other 1000 ?????

You tell me.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2809
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #28 on: Today at 07:44:59 PM »
He was going to retire. I think Shalom may change those plans. Didn't ask him. But he did say he was going to retire.....and that was before Shalom hit the track. So retirement may still be eminent. He didn't sign any tickets at the sale this week, but that doesn't mean anything. His usual partners were there. I am sure some people here will say he is being "forced" to retire, like Takter and Pelling.

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 386
Re: Ian Moore better than Stanley Dancer and Billy Haughton
« Reply #29 on: Today at 08:03:22 PM »
all of these "retirements" are a fantasy...


Sylvain "retiring"....

Takter "Retiring"

Cassie Coleman. "retiring"


it seems every successful trainer and driver is "retiring"

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Thanks brother!! On Wednesday turn 52. My birthday gift.. 4 nights at the breeders crown ;D
    Today at 11:01:00 PM
  • dougie: Same here JT! Looking forward to it!
    Today at 11:00:27 PM
  • Trigger: Happy Birthday JT, wishing you fun, success and health! and these  11.chrz 86z.st  ;D
    Today at 10:58:43 PM
  • JT: Yes 52 on Wednesday
    Today at 09:54:11 PM
  • JT: Dougie, can't wait to meet ya next year my friend  ;D
    Today at 09:53:53 PM
  • dougie: JT, you going to be 52 next week? You're still a kid! I'm coasting toward 70. And I still feel 50.
    Today at 09:41:01 PM
  • JT: And I am man enough to show my face,  Calhoun couldn't even go on a phone call on you tube ngc3
    Today at 09:34:49 PM
  • JT: I won't be able to do that, it's supposed to be a little chilly out ngc3..but I guarantee I look alot better then the old geezers on here ngc3
    Today at 09:32:00 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal