Author Topic: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good  (Read 12848 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 352
now......I find it almost impossible to win..

The CAW wagering really has hurt the Tbreds and Harness
bettors alike.

Who can bet when the odds drop to 1/5 at the 1/2 Mile Pole.
With sports at least I can get Fixed odds.
I used to make a few good scores every so often...
but now ...no chance...
I guess I forgot how to handicap.
I am not sure what these tracks will do to stay in business..
Gural puts on a good show....he is the leader from what I see.

pocketrocketwinner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1431
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2026, 01:39:33 PM »
Gural pioneered the inclusion of CAW

His broadcast proudly congratulated Elite Turf Club taking down pools.

You cant be anti CAW and want Gural as the "leader" are the same time

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4872
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2026, 01:46:51 PM »
Gural pioneered the inclusion of CAW

His broadcast proudly congratulated Elite Turf Club taking down pools.

You cant be anti CAW and want Gural as the "leader" are the same time

i completely agree people hate CAW but love Gural.  He has welcomed them with open arms.  One of the dumbest things Otten ever said (I think it was her), when she congratulated them for taking down a pool.  Clueless!

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 352
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2026, 11:06:17 PM »
I thought it was the Stronach Group that advanced the CAW?

Checked Up

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 738
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2026, 07:55:11 PM »
Now it's tough to find a track that races 5 days a week 😕

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2473
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2026, 09:19:34 PM »
I remember the days of 6 night a week racing. Doubleheaders 4th of July. Betting at Goshen. OTB Classic, Silk Stockings. It's never going to rescue it.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2026, 10:49:34 PM »
I remember the days of 6 night a week racing. Doubleheaders 4th of July. Betting at Goshen. OTB Classic, Silk Stockings. It's never going to rescue it.
I was at the "Mighty M" when Silk Stockings went 157.3 in the first Monticello OTB Classic. Place was packed as the "Silkster" and Preston Burris Jr. won the big race. I'll never forget it. Great times!

The Doctor

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 95
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2026, 10:55:56 PM »
Now it's tough to find a track that races 5 days a week 😕

Southern Ohio

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27197
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2026, 10:57:44 PM »
Southern Ohio

Yonkers and about 20 less races than Ohio too!
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 352
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2026, 10:41:19 AM »
No Roosevelt, Freehold, Liberty Bell, but

kentucky Racing????


Gimme a break....

Have u seen these drivers at these kentucky Tracks???

No wonder no one goes to the harness tracks anymore

Pacer 2

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2983
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2026, 11:38:02 AM »
No Roosevelt, Freehold, Liberty Bell, but

 .

Have u seen these drivers at these kentucky Tracks???

 


        Maybe you could do better? 

Lance

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1123
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2026, 11:39:53 AM »
I remember the days of 6 night a week racing. Doubleheaders 4th of July. Betting at Goshen. OTB Classic, Silk Stockings. It's never going to rescue it.
I remember going to the track 4 nights a week, double headers most of those nights. Those were the days.

Kenny

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1053
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2026, 01:46:50 PM »
now......I find it almost impossible to win..

The CAW wagering really has hurt the Tbreds and Harness
bettors alike.

Who can bet when the odds drop to 1/5 at the 1/2 Mile Pole.
With sports at least I can get Fixed odds.
I used to make a few good scores every so often...
but now ...no chance...
I guess I forgot how to handicap.
I am not sure what these tracks will do to stay in business..
Gural puts on a good show....he is the leader from what I see.

There is a simple solution to this that is EASY to implement.  Wagering ends at post time...period. The car does not move until wagering is closed. This patter also eliminates the need for post time drag. It will never happen because the tracks want the dollars represented by "late money".

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1554
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2026, 02:07:08 PM »
In the heyday at Meadowlands with 3 million dollar handles, 15,000 people in attendance the races always started on time. Settlemoir tried it for a short time earlier in the year and handle tanked so he weaseled out of it. He didn't give it enough time.
The bettors always adjust and if they know the races are starting on time, they'll adjust accordingly, and after a short time handle won't be affected much.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Re: I used to go to the harness tracks 5x a week and bet pretty good
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2026, 06:51:52 PM »
No Roosevelt, Freehold, Liberty Bell, but

kentucky Racing????


Gimme a break....

Have u seen these drivers at these kentucky Tracks???

No wonder no one goes to the harness tracks anymore
In New England, we must have lost a dozen tracks, both throughbred and harness racing. I have been at all the tracks you mentioned. Gone the way of the dodo.....

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3  shout out  Sound off ! Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!  ngc3 Today at 10:01:24 AM Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3 Today at 09:59:54 AM
    Today at 09:47:15 AM
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal