Author Topic: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!  (Read 3625 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3588
Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« on: May 14, 2025, 04:34:28 PM »
As some of you may or may not know I paint houses for a living, mostly in the high end suburbs of Columbus. I've worked for the same company for 25 years. Anyway I'm on an exterior today and a storm roles through, about an hour or  two ago. So I take a break to let it pass, read some horseplop and then pull up my TVG account. I am kind of a degenerate. I usually bet a couple hundred per day give or take.I don't talk to much about my betting on here, but this story deserves an exception. So I played the Pick 4 starting with race 3 at Finger Lakes.. I like betting that track. My bet was All/5/7/ All for $17.50. Sure as shit it comes in and paid $2,393.25. The two legs that I had all had a 20-1 and a 23-1 shot come in. The 5 was 5-1 and the 7 was 5/2, so not favored. So Thank You Thunderstorm!!! because if it didn't rain,I wouldn't have played it.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2025, 04:41:09 PM »
Congratulations! Nice hit!

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2025, 04:43:41 PM »
As some of you may or may not know I paint houses for a living, mostly in the high end suburbs of Columbus. I've worked for the same company for 25 years. Anyway I'm on an exterior today and a storm roles through, about an hour or  two ago. So I take a break to let it pass, read some horseplop and then pull up my TVG account. I am kind of a degenerate. I usually bet a couple hundred per day give or take.I don't talk to much about my betting on here, but this story deserves an exception. So I played the Pick 4 starting with race 3 at Finger Lakes.. I like betting that track. My bet was All/5/7/ All for $17.50. Sure as shit it comes in and paid $2,393.25. The two legs that I had all had a 20-1 and a 23-1 shot come in. The 5 was 5-1 and the 7 was 5/2, so not favored. So Thank You Thunderstorm!!! because if it didn't rain,I wouldn't have played it.

great hit tmbz1

something you will never forget

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2619
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2025, 04:44:27 PM »
 tmbz1 Operating capital.

rainman2

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 27094
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2025, 04:46:13 PM »
As some of you may or may not know I paint houses for a living, mostly in the high end suburbs of Columbus. I've worked for the same company for 25 years. Anyway I'm on an exterior today and a storm roles through, about an hour or  two ago. So I take a break to let it pass, read some horseplop and then pull up my TVG account. I am kind of a degenerate. I usually bet a couple hundred per day give or take.I don't talk to much about my betting on here, but this story deserves an exception. So I played the Pick 4 starting with race 3 at Finger Lakes.. I like betting that track. My bet was All/5/7/ All for $17.50. Sure as shit it comes in and paid $2,393.25. The two legs that I had all had a 20-1 and a 23-1 shot come in. The 5 was 5-1 and the 7 was 5/2, so not favored. So Thank You Thunderstorm!!! because if it didn't rain,I wouldn't have played it.

Great score!

If you did your job in South Florida instead of Columbus, you’d have more time to supplement you income!!!     Lol
Horseplop isn’t a popularity contest!!

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5017
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2025, 04:48:38 PM »
Great story JT. Great hit. A few years back I was at a Blues Festival in Chicago near the lake watching Johnny Winter when the worst thunderstorm ( tornado) I ever experienced rolled in. Brutal, but we found a german restaurant nearby and drank the rest of the day away.

SwankToliverA

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2025, 05:59:34 PM »
Great hit JT! Keep it up!
I don't consider a couple hundred bucks a day gambling as a degenerate, I know many guy's who truly are degenerate's. They blow a few hundred a race, betting dime and .20 supers. One guy boxed the entire field except for the 1 horse for a dime, ticket cost him $128.60 and he "won" less than $10  ngc3
He deserves that kind of karma, he will steal anyone's voucher if you even look away for a second..

JOHN FRANK

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 10436
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2025, 06:08:25 PM »
JON FRANK ARMY will say sumthin here. HE retired know from business. Had his own.
I will say this: Happy for your RED-BOARDIN. And IT is a great hit.
But any business,that don't call off the day after a major thunderstorm,don't belong in business.
{1) If you workin outdoors and usin LATEX,and that storm rolls in,you should have stopped for day 2 hours prior,as all paint would have washed off and yooosse have to start from scratch.
(2) And if you STAININ, One really has a mess. And 1 year later,when you offer a guarrentee,everythin peels and you must do the whole project over again for FREE. Of course,SCAMMERS never come back. They got their MOOLA and are never seen again. But if you were just caulkin,scrapin,wood replacement,or primin,I guess that would be OK. This from,JOHN FRANK ARMY that used to be in BUSINESS.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3588
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2025, 06:29:31 PM »
JON FRANK ARMY will say sumthin here. HE retired know from business. Had his own.
I will say this: Happy for your RED-BOARDIN. And IT is a great hit.
But any business,that don't call off the day after a major thunderstorm,don't belong in business.
{1) If you workin outdoors and usin LATEX,and that storm rolls in,you should have stopped for day 2 hours prior,as all paint would have washed off and yooosse have to start from scratch.
(2) And if you STAININ, One really has a mess. And 1 year later,when you offer a guarrentee,everythin peels and you must do the whole project over again for FREE. Of course,SCAMMERS never come back. They got their MOOLA and are never seen again. But if you were just caulkin,scrapin,wood replacement,or primin,I guess that would be OK. This from,JOHN FRANK ARMY that used to be in BUSINESS.
No worries John I was just scraping a cedar siding home built in the late eighties. The company I work for, it's just me and the owner.. we have a great reputation. tmbz1

talkstohisself

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 478
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2025, 09:54:17 PM »
As some of you may or may not know I paint houses for a living, mostly in the high end suburbs of Columbus. I've worked for the same company for 25 years. Anyway I'm on an exterior today and a storm roles through, about an hour or  two ago. So I take a break to let it pass, read some horseplop and then pull up my TVG account. I am kind of a degenerate. I usually bet a couple hundred per day give or take.I don't talk to much about my betting on here, but this story deserves an exception. So I played the Pick 4 starting with race 3 at Finger Lakes.. I like betting that track. My bet was All/5/7/ All for $17.50. Sure as shit it comes in and paid $2,393.25. The two legs that I had all had a 20-1 and a 23-1 shot come in. The 5 was 5-1 and the 7 was 5/2, so not favored. So Thank You Thunderstorm!!! because if it didn't rain,I wouldn't have played it.

talkstohisself

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 478
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2025, 10:04:27 PM »
good story  I am retired work part time now but took week off for some doc appointments. I too bet FL today had the last three races small win bets and one exacta and late dd   and two polyps removed at colonoscopy  tmbz1  pk3 was nice but did not play Recommend all over 50 get their   a@@ checked and gamble responsible.


 

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2619
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2025, 10:08:59 PM »
No insurance? I bet Lance can get you a discount. ;D

GETSOME

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 59
Re: Thank You Thunderstorm!!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2025, 10:16:03 PM »
What a great thread!  (seriously)

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: The language from Mike.  Terrible to read
    Today at 10:36:23 AM
  • wiggles44: So if Trigger was Sweet, and Ignorance Is Bliss is Sweet, then Mike Petrelli is Sweet.     The EAA won’t like these screenshots Mike.    :)
    Today at 10:31:46 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike Petrelli been exposed as Sweet?  Screenshots don’t lie :)
    Today at 10:30:20 AM
  • darnoldrocks: But I will still accept an online apology on PLOP.
    Today at 10:29:06 AM
  • darnoldrocks: I wouldn't give you my number if it was the last thing I do.  I have no interest in talking to a complete douche like you.
    Today at 10:25:29 AM
  • Sweet: I'll give you an ngc3 "apology"  ngc3 in person, by phone, how's that you up for it or still coward  ngc3
    Today at 10:23:02 AM
  • darnoldrocks: A simple apology would do.
    Today at 10:19:44 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike finally been exposed?   Screenshots dont lie.    :)
    Today at 10:14:37 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal