Author Topic: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?  (Read 10310 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wizardofoz

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1089
« Last Edit: December 28, 2024, 10:55:27 PM by wizardofoz »

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2024, 02:18:59 AM »
He was just a plain Monster. Won Battle Of Lake Erie from 7-hole on half.
Set World record in Adios elim on 5/8. Had some epic battles With Jenna's Beach Boy.
Those were the days. tmbz1

I saw him via simulcast at the Meadowlands win a race in Canada in a blizzard by open lengths.

RR70s

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2024, 09:38:38 AM »
It’s always sad when tracks close. It’s the same story just a different place. The land is more valuable developed into something other than a racetrack, as in the instance of Roosevelt Raceway, Garden State, Brandywine, Liberty Bell, etc. Their strategy is to run these places into the ground so people just don’t go anymore. I was at Freehold 3x in Last few months and there were 18 people there.
As much as I would want to romanticize about RR, the last 4-5 years it had multiple floors and sections closed. It was and is depressing.

kantseeback

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4447
  • TDS HAS INFESTED THIS PLACE LIKE A ROACH NEST
Re: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2024, 10:42:33 AM »
It’s always sad when tracks close. It’s the same story just a different place. The land is more valuable developed into something other than a racetrack, as in the instance of Roosevelt Raceway, Garden State, Brandywine, Liberty Bell, etc. Their strategy is to run these places into the ground so people just don’t go anymore. I was at Freehold 3x in Last few months and there were 18 people there.
As much as I would want to romanticize about RR, the last 4-5 years it had multiple floors and sections closed. It was and is depressing.

I used to regularly go to RR. I liked the top floor behind the glass section. I used to take the escalator from the ground floor to 2 and then the escalator from 2 to 3. I remember when they started closing sections of the track because one night I got off the escalator at 2 and then was greeted with a wall of plywood, they closed the top floor.

RR70s

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2024, 10:56:26 AM »
I used to regularly go to RR. I liked the top floor behind the glass section. I used to take the escalator from the ground floor to 2 and then the escalator from 2 to 3. I remember when they started closing sections of the track because one night I got off the escalator at 2 and then was greeted with a wall of plywood, they closed the top floor.
I realize it’s not the same building but can anyone Imagine how depressing it must be to live in those condos where track once stood.
I think few years back they were selling for $800-$900k

Kole Hanover

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1125
  • Beautiful days in Lexington
Re: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2024, 07:36:51 PM »
He was just a plain Monster. Won Battle Of Lake Erie from 7-hole on half.
Set World record in Adios elim on 5/8. Had some epic battles With Jenna's Beach Boy.
Those were the days. tmbz1

 Riya is my favorite all time, Jenna's & Riya seemed to fly out there on the track.
 Another fav:
 "The Big Dog"
Eye on a few in Lexington, only buying 1 & will pickup a couple in Harrisburg. Have had better luck there.
  Lex is always fun though but can be over priced.

wizardofoz

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1089
Re: Will the beloved Freehold handle 500k on the last day ever ?
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2024, 12:22:18 AM »

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike
    Today at 12:44:40 PM
  • Trigger: Dingus showed up at Yonkers and taint and G went silent like 2 dead ducks  ngc3 A plopper, owner said hey y'all here I am...once agin, the fear, cowardliness, rears it's head.  Go back to shooting spitball lies and screenshots  ngc3 that's all ya got!  ;D
    Today at 12:00:44 PM
  • G: Tommy merton at the farm today
    Today at 10:35:05 AM
  • G: Sweet: Ant would wish your daughters raped by a bunch of niggers then set on fire...I miss him so much!   ngc3  Sweet: Where's MikeAnt when you need him  ngc3
    Today at 10:31:39 AM
  • Ignorance Is Bliss: Paranoid chicken shits??? You should be....tick tock tick tock.
    Today at 10:06:07 AM
  • Trigger: LWP, god morning, can't respond to your pm, you have me blocked...again  ngc3
    Today at 08:26:48 AM
  • JT: If OOMM replicates that effort, no chance in the BC
    October 09, 2026, 11:52:57 PM
  • JT: Actually it'll be my brother and I, my best friend except for my wife,doing bets together just like we do at the LBJ ;D..We have our systems in tact tmbz1
    October 09, 2026, 11:51:26 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal