Author Topic: HISA forces shutdown of Turf Paradise  (Read 3443 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2777
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
HISA forces shutdown of Turf Paradise
« on: November 03, 2024, 12:51:50 PM »
https://www.drf.com/news/turf-paradise-opener-jeopardy-hisa-not-satisfied-racing-surface

I don't know what they have the authority to actually do----but I like what they did and the outcome. HISA told the Arizona Department of Racing that they were prepared "to to initiate “enforcement action” against Turf Paradise if the track is allowed to proceed with the opening of its meet on Saturday, citing ongoing concerns with the condition of its dirt racing surface."

While Turf Paradise received a conditional permit to open on Saturday, the ADR discussed a laundry list of HISA and state regulatory standards that Turf Paradise had not yet met. Sure, track officials had said the list of items "would be worked out prior to the track’s opening date"----this time they were held accountable! Good for HISA!

While HISA can't directly force a track to close----they can withdraw its approval for a meet to be conducted under its jurisdiction. If HISA withdraws its approval the racetrack cannot send its simulcast signal out of state! Good for HISA!

HISA has some bark, and more important, they have some bite too!

Turf Paradise has had problems for a long time. They have struggled to complete and maintain routine maintenance for the better part of 20 years. Track ownership/management has fought hard to pass casino legislation----and it's failed due to strong opposition from the Arizona Indian tribes.

Late to the Paddock

  • 4 claimer
  • **
  • Posts: 69
Re: HISA forces shutdown of Turf Paradise
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2024, 06:05:49 PM »
I don't think Turf Paradise even had a vet working there.
Don't delay, Coggins today!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: So if Trigger was Sweet, and Ignorance Is Bliss is Sweet, then Mike Petrelli is Sweet.     The EAA won’t like these screenshots Mike.    :)
    Today at 10:31:46 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike Petrelli been exposed as Sweet?  Screenshots don’t lie :)
    Today at 10:30:20 AM
  • darnoldrocks: But I will still accept an online apology on PLOP.
    Today at 10:29:06 AM
  • darnoldrocks: I wouldn't give you my number if it was the last thing I do.  I have no interest in talking to a complete douche like you.
    Today at 10:25:29 AM
  • Sweet: I'll give you an ngc3 "apology"  ngc3 in person, by phone, how's that you up for it or still coward  ngc3
    Today at 10:23:02 AM
  • darnoldrocks: A simple apology would do.
    Today at 10:19:44 AM
  • wiggles44: Has Mike finally been exposed?   Screenshots dont lie.    :)
    Today at 10:14:37 AM
  • wiggles44: But thanks for these screenshots:)
    Today at 10:09:54 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal