Author Topic: The Clegg's  (Read 7574 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: The Clegg's
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2024, 08:37:19 AM »
Pocono Downs also offered cheap tbred racing in the same era, also on a 5/8 mile track. I remember those 3 1/2 furlong sprints out of the chute. But for wild racing on sharp turns, nothing beat the half mile track Massachusetts bullrings, such as Northampton, Berkshire Downs, Weymouth, Great Barrington, and a few more.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: The Clegg's
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2024, 09:34:05 AM »
The best thing about those 3 1/2-furlong races is they started out of a chute and the inside horses were at a huge disadvantage so you could basically throw them out.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Calhoun put up $80 bucks ngc3..one of my pick5's costs more then that ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:35:54 PM
  • JT: Well G thinks I'm Mike ngc3..Great minds and such ngc3
    September 29, 2026, 11:33:02 PM
  • JT: I got out and so did my family..in the early 2000's. To much cheating, to many drugs.
    September 29, 2026, 11:32:14 PM
  • darnoldrocks: My family and I.  Now you're starting sound like SCM.
    September 29, 2026, 11:25:12 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Back in the day doesn't count.  Calhoun is putting up his money right now.   How about you?
    September 29, 2026, 11:24:28 PM
  • JT: My family and I owned a lot of horses back in the day.. Facts..ask wiggles screenshots don't lie :P
    September 29, 2026, 11:19:55 PM
  • darnoldrocks: JT's horses + Tiggers horses = zero ownership
    September 29, 2026, 11:17:00 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Oh, I didn't know that.  DUH
    September 29, 2026, 11:15:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal