Author Topic: Todays LBJ races  (Read 7030 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Open bridle

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 435
Re: Todays LBJ races
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2024, 08:31:17 AM »
If I ever got back into ownership.. I would have to insist to my trainer.. Who I won't name but uses multiple drivers in Ohio, that Chris would drive for us.. He will succeed even if he loses a few Burke horses to Miller once David moves back here.. Furthermore always bet Miller at Delaware. He is the all time leader in wins there. He got there yesterday for like the last 5 or 6 races.. and won 2 of them including 10-1 in the last race.
One thing you learn when you own horses it's very hard to get the driver you want. The top tier drivers are already taken most all the time. Burke always has him first. Then after that Chris has so many long time connections you better have a trainer that knows him well to get him. The best drivers are very hard to get unless your horse is exceptional.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3744
Re: Todays LBJ races
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2024, 08:40:43 AM »
One thing you learn when you own horses it's very hard to get the driver you want. The top tier drivers are already taken most all the time. Burke always has him first. Then after that Chris has so many long time connections you better have a trainer that knows him well to get him. The best drivers are very hard to get unless your horse is exceptional.
You are correct.. but the trainer I used to have like I mentioned uses multiple drivers in Ohio but does use Chris quite often.. as my Dad would always say it's not what you know.. it's who you know.

JT

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3744
Re: Todays LBJ races
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2024, 08:51:37 AM »
I would love to. Ive been to practically every track in the country and LBJ has eluded me.

It is too bad because I love the fairs, been to them all in Maine,I love 1/2 mile, and I love getting loaded on the infield. I am sure you will be making your user name come true.

Have one more beer for me!
bello you should try 1 time to come here for jug day.. I enjoy your posts and race picks. I have a few tracks on my bucket list as well. Keep after those clowns at rosecroft that was a joke.

Horseradish

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 290
Re: Todays LBJ races
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2024, 01:43:48 PM »
At least we got to enjoy a few races before "The (annoying) Voice" took over.

#mute

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: It'd be so awesome on Calhoun's last breath from his mousy lung on Earth  ngc3 he regrets losing his banding dart, because otherwise he was a 2nd rate insult artist and a grade a liar and coward!  ;D
    Today at 09:53:20 PM
  • Trigger: Or Koles or Calhoun's, that's ok too  tmbz1
    Today at 09:30:54 PM
  • Trigger: We're not doing Kirby stuff like saying Thailand which you mean for child molestation.  You have family don't wish it on an Asian wish on yours.   ngc3
    Today at 09:29:21 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: You're gambling?  ngc3
    Today at 09:24:19 PM
  • Trigger: Fuck Dayton going back to Canadian Hell  ;D
    Today at 09:23:03 PM
  • Trigger: We're gambling, we're chatting. what's your fucking problem?  A lot?  ngc3
    Today at 09:21:28 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Paul its medication time!  tmbz1
    Today at 09:09:48 PM
  • Trigger: Thanks for ldging the same shit you say 20 times a day retarded wiggles...kole drop dead take your kin with you, make sure the whole debacle of your life ends there  ngc3
    Today at 09:00:32 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal