Author Topic: Why would you want Gingras on colt trotter?  (Read 3462 times)

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
Why would you want Gingras on colt trotter?
« on: April 18, 2024, 09:38:19 PM »
Why would you want Gingras to drive a 2yo colt trotter or 3yo colt trotter?  He has gotten 7 favorites beat in the Hambo and has zero skill to win the big one with a trotter.  Karl will be another disaster because he has been taught nothing on how to race.  He will not be able to just go down the road and win the Hambo.  Yannick doesn't know how to set one up.  We will all see the abomination in Aug.  Takter is a glutten for punishment to keep using him. 

hoosierboy

• Elite
Re: Why would you want Gingras on colt trotter?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 09:43:15 PM »
Not saying I’m a Yannick, but just wondering How many champion trotters have you driven?

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:46:19 PM »
Why would you want Gingras to drive a 2yo colt trotter or 3yo colt trotter?  He has gotten 7 favorites beat in the Hambo and has zero skill to win the big one with a trotter.  Karl will be another disaster because he has been taught nothing on how to race.  He will not be able to just go down the road and win the Hambo.  Yannick doesn't know how to set one up.  We will all see the abomination in Aug.  Takter is a glutten for punishment to keep using him.
I wouldn't, but then again I'm not a Yannick fan. He is over-rated imo.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2024, 06:05:31 AM »
I would love some of that punishment Gingras has given Takter. 

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 11:16:30 AM »
Not saying I’m a Yannick, but just wondering How many champion trotters have you driven?
Never claimed to be a driver.  How many horses do you have to get beat in big races to realize your not a top top driver?  Way over rated.  Someone on here posted a question a while back.  How many Breeders Crown has Yannick won on horses other than Takter or Burke?

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2024, 11:57:31 AM »
If I had a 2 or 3 yr old trotter, either sex, I would absolutely use him. He hasn't won a Hambo a lot of top drivers never won it. Do you think his record with 2 and 3 yr olds trotters is bad? I'd take him in a heart beat.

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2024, 01:37:16 PM »
difference if you win on the lead every week or from behind? a win is a win.

Lance

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2024, 01:49:23 PM »
I would love some of that punishment Gingras has given Takter.

Me two.

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2024, 02:22:40 PM »
I've seen Yannick win many times 1st time up on a trotter for non brand name trainers also.. He can keep one together. There's many circumstance involved into why he hasn't won a Hambo but I think lack of talent isn't the answer.

SDST2009

• Top Claimer
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2024, 06:02:40 PM »
Certainly drivers I would pick over him for a trotter, but he will get a Hambo at some point, I am sure. Maybe this year.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2024, 08:30:32 PM »
rumor on the street is DD came into train Karl this week.  guess they took him to Meadowlands and he couldn't stay flat for Yannick.  Time will tell.  Jimmy is definitely calling the shots on this one.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2024, 08:52:05 PM »
yannick get nothing out of a horse . its only what is in the horse that makes them win .

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2024, 09:41:21 PM »
jimy calls the shots on all of them

Grandstand Handicapper

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2024, 10:45:11 PM »
YG is a top driver. He's got his strengths as a driver. People say if he wasn't driving for Takter or Burke he'd be a nobody. Not true. Sure, he'd lose a lot of business, but plenty of people have seen enough of him and would use him. His batting average would go down, but he'd still be on plenty of people's short list.....at least for a while. Do I think he'd lose all his business and leave town (like Bill Fahy did), no, I don't think so. That said, I am not a fan and I think he's overrated.

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2024, 11:26:46 PM »
YG is a top driver. He's got his strengths as a driver. People say if he wasn't driving for Takter or Burke he'd be a nobody. Not true. Sure, he'd lose a lot of business, but plenty of people have seen enough of him and would use him. His batting average would go down, but he'd still be on plenty of people's short list.....at least for a while. Do I think he'd lose all his business and leave town (like Bill Fahy did), no, I don't think so. That said, I am not a fan and I think he's overrated.

If he lost Takter or Burke he would be heading to Ohio or another state.  Without those two he can't try to bully people on the track.  His style is only good on lazy horses and he doesn't know how to protect a horse.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal