Author Topic: Merriman vs Beckwith  (Read 4517 times)

hoosierboy

• Elite
Re: Merriman vs Beckwith
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2024, 05:54:31 PM »
if aaron lost the rhoades account he would end up like grismore. he would still get drives for a while but there wont be 7 win nights. drivers need power.

Grismore sucks plain and simple.  When you can’t win with Burke horses and lose the account that says something. 

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2024, 06:46:46 PM »
Grismore sucks plain and simple.  When you can’t win with Burke horses and lose the account that says something.

Agreed——already proven at Yonkers years ago!!

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2024, 08:48:10 PM »
Aaron did just fine before Rhoades. He will be fine with out him

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2024, 09:50:08 PM »
Wrenn is night and day and afternoon and evening and dusk ahead of Merriman.  Winning is one thing, being excellent at a craft is another.  Aaron is no Ronnie.

Guys drives the Brigades gassed up rockets

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2024, 11:27:39 PM »
Aaron did just fine before Rhoades. He will be fine with out him

Can't wait to find out who is right or wrong on this.  I think Merriman's numbers will be worse.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2024, 11:29:53 PM »
with the exception of brett miller( especiailly back when he was fucking crazy) no one better than ronnie. i think brett is the best driver in ohio. maybe he has gotten a lil older and he has a lil more fear now a days but man back in the day he had no fear he could drive the fur off one. when he got on one he hasnt been driving from someone else it was a 3 to 4 second driver change.

Correct.  Many years ago, Brett Miller hung around with the fun crowd down at Pompano and had a good time at thd expense of better numbers on his stats sheet. 

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2024, 05:31:21 AM »
  Even I could win with Beckwith mounts
  If he didn’t win with one of his 1to9 shots something would be wrong but most of his mounts he has trouble pulling up after race

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2024, 09:58:25 AM »
merriman would yea still be ok. but would he win dash titles? doubtful. he would definitley take a hit in wins and money.
brett was fun to hang out with. when you drive with no fear drivers seem to do better. with that said he had POWER. john lee power. then virgil. he had a lot of horse power but he still drove fearless. maybe because it was snowing all year round in ohio  i dont know. i cant confirm nor deny.

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2024, 03:26:44 PM »
Turnpike I agree with you. People that can't see that never been around horses.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2024, 04:05:43 PM »
  Even I could win with Beckwith mounts
  If he didn’t win with one of his 1to9 shots something would be wrong but most of his mounts he has trouble pulling up after race

Doesn’t Merriman get those 1/5, 1/9 too?  FYI, the betting public determines the odds, not the driver. How many of these short price favorites actually miss the board too??

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2024, 07:38:52 PM »
merriman would yea still be ok. but would he win dash titles? doubtful. he would definitley take a hit in wins and money.
brett was fun to hang out with. when you drive with no fear drivers seem to do better. with that said he had POWER. john lee power. then virgil. he had a lot of horse power but he still drove fearless. maybe because it was snowing all year round in ohio  i dont know. i cant confirm nor deny.

Did he not win dash titles before this Rhodes guy?  How many of his wins every year are on his horses?  If he was winning 700 races a year as a trainer I would think he would be a household name. Not just a Northfield guy

Mr.Turnpike

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2024, 08:11:04 PM »
Turnpike I agree with you. People that can't see that never been around horses.
   These horses compete lay overs

JENNY FROM THE BLOCK

• Top Claimer
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2024, 09:18:20 PM »
Look aaron would do good without Rhoades yes. He would. He could proba ly puck up the schilacci account. There is some history there. Rhoades won 202 races at northfield in 2023. Let's say Aaron drove 175 of them.  So if he liases a 175 wins. Where does that put him? He may still win dash titles with out Billy.  Just won't be as easy.

wisha roder

• Top Claimer
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2024, 10:43:04 PM »
aaron drives for a number of people at the meadows. the only people he is 100% loyal to is the bercurys. i know they only have a few horses but he will never choose off a bercury horse.
rhoades at northfield
why does ronnie wrenn not drive everyday? i see many days where he is not present. i think if he did what aaron does he would be leading dash winner.
  aaron is very personable. people tend to really like him. its a PR game. you have to have some talent obviously.
because Ronnie spends time with his wife and kids.  There’s more to life than racing.

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2024, 11:41:58 PM »
Beckwith tried The Meadowlands this winter. Weren't really a factor drives his father's horses. Hard to believe there are running on oats water.

Who would be better between Merriman and Beckwith if they both had a fair shake there at the Meadowlands or any other major track? 

I'll vote Beckwith.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    Today at 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    Today at 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal